Computer Asleep = No Good?

Potentially stupid question, but do trailing stops and EAs work if my computer is asleep? Just watched a video that said trailing stops and EAs live on my computer (not the brokers server) and I need to maintain an internet connection. I’m too ignorant with IT stuff to know if a sleeping computer is good enough or if actually needs to be on.

I don’t think so your pending orders will be executed if your computer is at sleep mode. It is not a problem to feel share your thoughts and try to solve your confusions. You can ask anything and this forum is all about receiving expert advice.

Perhaps it would be better to check with your broker the setting about this. Usually, if your platform is closed and the computer is shut down, the pending orders still could be executed as they should be kept on the server. As for the trailing stops, you need to have the Platform opened if you wish for them to be triggered. But like I said, better to ask your broker just in case.

The other thing I can recommend is to rent a VPS server where the EAs and the trailing stops could work with non-stop connection 24/7. This is also a good way to avoid the sleep mode of your computer. I think that the most of the Brokers offer VPS solutions, so you can contact your Broker to receive more information!