Confirmation & Exit Indicators for MT4

Unable to open the screenshot. Try to put it up again. And what broker are you dealing with?

Ok, I’ll try again. I’m demo trading now. Haven’t gone live yet.

I’m also still on demo.

If you’re clicking on that button there i see the problem. But not to worry. Just scroll down and look for a button under the screenshot of the MT4 platform that says

Download MT4 for PC and create a demo account

You have to download the windows file then install it on linux ey??

This is quite strange because that’s exactly what did. After downloading I get an executable file "mt4setup.exe"
Since I use linux, I have wine (a linux application that allows you to install windows applications) installed which is able to do the installation without any problems.

The issue is that when I do the installation somehow, it installs mt5 instead of mt4, even though I installed mt4setup.exe.

All the same if I can get all the indicators VP talks about on mt5 then I could at least manage that for the time being. Can I get those indicators from mt5?

Anyway, could you please share your experience with setting up your algorithm with me as I’m just getting started on putting mine together?

Many thanks.

Try opening an MT4 demo account with any broker you choose and try to download their MT4. Maybe it could be that the files aren’t entered correctly on the MetaTrader website.

I think MT4 has more indicators than MT5. And not all the indicators that are on MT4 are available for MT5 and vice versa. That’'s why i’d recommend MT4 plus i just like it more than i do MT5.

I won’t lie setting up a system is not so easy but thanks to VP for narrowing it down. Cause i’m still testing out different indicators till now and to add to that i’m trying to to create an algo using Renko charts and it looks quite promising.

And can i mention what a pain it was figuring out how to put up Renko charts:joy::joy::joy:

But I’ve currently got up an indicator(mixed with a Moving Average) for my Renko system the only problem it tends to get you into a trend a bit late and you’d miss 40 to 70 pips but the upside is it lets you gets you like 100+ pips and its sticking to a trend quite well. Mixed with a good exit indicator its actually not that bad. and its doing good in choppy markets.

Plus i just downloaded more indicators to test out today so that should be fun

The system i’m using on my regular charts is not so bad i’m up 186 pips. Though i’m not fully comfortable with this system.DetailedStatement April 12 - [email protected] (32.4 KB)

Those are the results i’ve currently have using it.

Thanks Comfort for sharing these thoughts. We all have to go through these pains to get to the top. No pain, no gain right? I’ll see what I can come up with given what you’ve shared. Thanks a lot.

Yeah sure no problem.

No pain no gain. And it can get kind of depressing testing out a lot of indicators that don’t work no matter what you do and then you run into some good ones. Plus since you’re starting out you can also get the SSL and Absolute Strength Indicators.

And don’t delete any indicators you download. I usually separate my indicators by use into folders (e.g. Confirmation indicators, Volume-Volatility Inticators, Exit Indicators, Continuation Indicators) and in those folders i have i have sub-folders like Trash, Almost Trash, Try one more time, Usable, Likable. I didn’t put much thought to it.

GO GET IT

1 Like

Thanks Comfort. I’m getting it for real!

I am a fan of VP too . that man is a bless for all of us , god bless him !
comfort would you like to exchange ideas about forex trading?
thanks

I think you’re following the nononsense forex way right?
if so
go to “nononsenseforex” youtube channel you’ll find that vp made a new detailed video on exit indicator
and for confirmation indicator just follow the rules he said and put in hard work
i found my confirmation indicator after 3 days each day is about 4-6 hours of searching and after a week of filtering what don’t work and testing what left
it’s not easy it’s very hard so put in work.

2 Likes

and yes i forgot, he mentioned in the new video an exit indicator that actually not bad so check it.

By now I’m sure you all got this figured out, but while I was looking for something else I stumbled into this thread. Generally, to get MT4 to actually install you have to install it from a link on your broker’s web site. The only thing we can figure regarding the MT5 enigma is that they’re trying to force us onto MT5 so they create the “incorrect” link. I did my install from my broker’s web site and actually got the real MT4.

Cheers.

Hey. I’d love some help with that as well. I’m interested specifically in the categories you mentioned. So where can I go where a search will yield accurate results. A google search returns a lot of garbage; not looking for the holy grail; just something I can test and possibly creating a system around. Thanks in advance.

Hector

Can you share this exit tools?

Many thanks!!!

I’d followed VP and tried my best to search but got none finally.

very sad!

My Google search for “confirmation indicators” let me here. Like several other folks I see here, I’m trying to work through the No Nonsense Forex program with VP … I’m still puzzled about what constitutes a “confirmation indicator” … Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I would like to know more of this

you sound like a no-nonsense forex trend trader. I am trying to build my algorithm the no-nonsense way, had several challenges but making progress now. two things i need help with though are

1. A reliable Volume/Volatility Indicator
  2. A reliable Exit indicator

would appreciate your help.

any suggestions on where to find these indicators?

Join the NNFX Discord channel, all the best NNFX indicators are posted there, along with all the backtesting results and discussions.