Consistent FX Trading

ok, so you made changes to it and that is why we see different things, right? the EMA periods change?

Thanks

My Trade #8 SUMMARY is on another computer at the moment.
It was ment to be posted around 14:50 GMT roughly when i exited the Long, but had connection problems, will post it first thing tomorow.

Over all Lot 1: 50 PIPS, Lot 2: 147 (see how important it is to let ur 2nd lot run!!)

Will post the whole summary tomorrow which also explains my exit.

sivanisky yes i had changed my EMAs to trade on the longer time frame, but there was a signal anyway even if you were using the EMAS shown in my system and the H L M method.

Regards,
E. Lang

Thank you for taking the time to explain and follow up with your system. I hope one day I can do the same for others.

Anything you wish to do you can :smiley: Just put ur oomph into it!

OOOOOOOOOk… i thought id be really nice and do some pre trde TA today.

so here goes.

D1:
As per my system, before trading, ive drawn Three horizontals.
The H the Low and the Mid point of the previous days range, i say previous range for todays range as the daily candle close is nearly upon us so i assume there will be no sudden burts that might make HH or LL for the moment

H is: 233.06
M is: 232.15
L is: 231.27

We ask ourselves, “Is the price above M or below?”
If below we assume a short bias, if over we assume a long bias.

It is over M so we assume a long favor.

We now look for entry signals and data that can help us further inspire us towards a Long trade (as long is what our bias is).

We start with the basic EMA-EMA cross arrow signals i provided…
Right below 228.77 we notice a Green LONG signal arrow for an EMA/EMA cross (Values 1D Crosses 3Days)

So overall we are trading in a long singal. Another reason to be bullish.

FACT: We dont know what the current wave is. We can only assume what it may be or become be analyzing the waves before it.

Not the decline from 233.02 to 228.77 that started on the 27th of March.
Ask yourselves…“Is this wave corrective or impulsive?”

It is obviously corrective as it did not make a LOWER LOW than 225.38 or 222.60… hence it is a mere correction of its previous movement… NOT an impulse…

What does this tell us ?
Following basic wave principles, we assume that a correction will be followed by an impulse and an impulse by a correction… so, we assume that the rise started at 228.77 is to be IMPULSIVE as the decline before it was CORRECTIVE… one follows the other (beat it into ur head)

By determining the more likely nature of the current price movement we can strenghten our bias.

Knowing that the previous was corrective, we expect an impulse to make a higher high (it must to be an impulse)…

A higher high would be a break of 233.02
A sustained break of this area will shoot things towards 238.17 then > 241.43

Note at 228.77 when the corrective decline terminated…
Now note the Stochastics and how beautifuly the bounced of 50.

50 bounces off RSI and Stochastics are a great indicator for movements which are not impulsive.

Note how well Stochastics are capable of picking tops and bottoms.
They are great reversal indicators, showing you when buyers feel the price is too expensive (tops) and showing u when sellers feel the price is too low to sell…

PEOPLE want to buy something when its cheap!
And those selling want to do it when its expensive so they can make a profit… think cabbages and tomatoes people, basic market logic.

Consecutively. Cheap prices (lows) will inspire people to buy, so they can seel higher (if they expect it to go higher)… the more people expect it to go higher after a low, the more will buy at that low expecing to make a profit… this is when we have HARD bounces of S and R… otherwise bounces are sluggish and turttle like.

Im am throwing a world of facts here in just a few sentences. Please try and read up on these things guys, they are extremely important!

NOW… on the downside, what are the threats ?

232.15 is SUPPORT just swallow that.
The mid of the daily candle or the mid of the range is almost always an aread of support… its the M, the bias, the balance point, the pivot point…

Know there the M is of ur range so u know what the sentiment is.

A break below 232.15 will move things to 232.15 the Low, a break below that will move things to 228.77 …so on and so forth.

TA doesnt have to be hard guys, just use ur friggen logic and try and stay away from news!!

I will post trade 9 later if it makes itself available to us.

Regards,
E. Lang

This was written in 7 minutes and 33 seconds…

My Mechanical System is showing a long signal at the current price level 232.95, but my TA is totaly against it.

So today is awkwards, might be a no trade day.

We’ll see in a bit, i don’t like trading TOPS and BOTTMS, and even though my TA says we will break 233.05 i don’t want to take any chances.

bblblblblblblblblbbbllurp :stuck_out_tongue: going crazy.

Regards,
E. Lang

Reserved For Trade [B]#008 Summary[/B]

Sorry guys my TA is conflicting way too much with my Mechanics.

No trade today… sniff
Guess we just take our modest 901 Pips and turn away in shame… :wink:

Sniff… see u tommorow.

Regards,
E. Lang

PS: My bias is pretty much bullish and i am expecting a break of 233.05 with a run for the D1 and H4 highs… so keep ur heads up and trade smart

TRADE #008
SUMMARY

~GBP/JPY~

Entry - 231.42
Lots Traded - 2.0

Target 1 / 10 PIPs - 231.68 (HIT)
Target 2 / 20 PIPs - 231.78 (HIT)
Target 3 / 30 PIPs - 231.88 (HIT
Target 4 / 40 PIPs - 231.98 (HIT)
Target 5 / 50 PIPs - 232.08 (HIT)

Stop Loss / 40 PIPs- 230.98 (INTRA-DAY)
Stop Loss / X PIPs- 230.51 (SWING)
Lash - 16 PIPS

TRADE TYPE: Mechanical
(Entirely Indicator Based / No Technical or Fundamental Anlysis)

STATISTICS

TOTAL Profit Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: +941 PIPS

TOTAL Loss Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: -40 PIPS

== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==

TOTAL P/L On Current Trade:
Lot 1: 50
Lot 2: 147

SUM TILL DATE: 901 PIPS

EXIT NOTES:
I based my exit on what i considered to be another failure at taking out 232.97 today. I’d rather not take any chances.
This decision is entirely TA related and based on my own trading mentality.

The Mechanicals still have this trade holding long, so it is quite possible that we have a break. I may long later to reenter the uptrend if i see good bullish action above .97, but i wount include this as a trade here. We are aiming to make one trader per day, thats all. We don’t want to overtrade.

So far we’ve bagged 891 PIPS in 8 days and in 8 trades.
I think thats ok, no ?
! L O L !

Upside targets include > 233.47 > 238.16 > 241.43

See you guys at trade #9, should it present itself to us and should we be attentive enough to take advantage of the opportune moment.

REGARDS!
Effiong Lang

PS: By the looks of it we have a break. I will monitor its development carefuly in order to determine i will reenter the market again. I doubt it though as i am going to work, i normaly like to babysit my trades a little before leaving them, so no trade and i don’t care if i miss 500 PIPS, there will be more tomorrow. TRY and immitate this attitude I dare you

Hi guys,

I just got in to work and i was able to post the Trade 8 Summary i didnt manage to upload yesterday due to connection problems.

The Mechanical signal for trade #9 was long and we could have taken that, but as i said it conflicted with my TA a lot so i called it a no trade day.

Feel like a bit of a wheener cuz we could have already closed our first lot at T5 and been trailing on our second lot, but thats the risks we take and there is always another trade tomorrow.

As i mentioned regardless, we broke the high and we will be running for Higher Highs now, so its all good.

See you guys at trade #9

Regards,
E. Lang

[B]TRADE #009[/B][B]
[/B]

[B]~GBP/JPY~[/B]

[B]Entry[/B] - 234.52
[B]Lots Traded - [/B]2.0

[B]Target 1 / 10 PIPs[/B] - 234.71 (ACTIVE)
[B]Target 2 / 20 PIPs[/B] - 234.81 (ACTIVE)
[B]Target 3 / 30 PIPs[/B] - 234.91 (ACTIVE
[B]Target 4 / 40 PIPs[/B] - 235.01 (ACTIVE)
[B]Target 5 / 50 PIPs[/B] - 235.11 (ACTIVE)

[B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ 50 PIPs[/B]- 234.02 (INTRA-DAY)
[B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ X PIPs[/B]- 232.83 (SWING)
[B]Lash[/B] - 13 PIPS

[B]TRADE TYPE: Mechanical[/B]

[B]STATISTICS[/B]

[B]TOTAL [/B][B]Profit Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: +[/B][B]941 PIPS [/B]

[B]TOTAL [/B][B]Loss Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: -[/B][B]40 PIPS[/B]

[B]TOTAL[/B] [B]P/L On Current Trade: [/B]
[B]Lot 1: 0[/B]
[B]Lot 2: 0[/B]

[B]SUM TILL DATE:[/B] [B]901 PIPS [/B]

[B]RECOMMENDATIONS:[/B]
Close your first lot when you hit 50 Pips Profit (Or a Target of your choice T1-T5) and set a SL for the remaining lot 5 Pips ahead of your Entry Position so even if the trade goes against you, you will close with a minimum of 50 + 5 Pips profit and no incurred expense.

REGARDS!
E. Lang

Trade #009 is still in play, our stop of 50 Pips was never hit so we are still holding it.

In other words no additional trades for today untill we get stopped out at 234.02 or untill we hit T5

Regards,
E. Lang

[B]TRADE #009

[/B]
[B]SUMMARY

[/B]
[B]~GBP/JPY~[/B]

[B]Entry[/B] - 234.52
[B]Lots Traded - [/B]2.0

[B]Target 1 / 10 PIPs[/B] - 234.71 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 2 / 20 PIPs[/B] - 234.81 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 3 / 30 PIPs[/B] - 234.91 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 4 / 40 PIPs[/B] - 235.01 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 5 / 50 PIPs[/B] - 235.11 (TERMINATED)

[I]INTRA-DAY[/I] [B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ 50 PIPs[/B]- 234.02 (HIT)
[I]SWING [/I][B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ X PIPs[/B]- 232.83 (LIVE)
[B]Lash[/B] - 83 PIPS

[B]TRADE TYPE: Mechanical[/B]

[B]STATISTICS[/B]

[B]TOTAL [/B][B]Loss Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: -[/B][B]90 PIPS[/B]

[B]-[/B][B]50 PIPS[/B]

[B]SUM TILL DATE:[/B] [B]851 PIPS [/B]

[B]NOTES:
[/B]Out Intra-Day SL of 50 got tagged and we were out of the tread, the volatility at that point was due to the unchanged BOE Intrest Rate, which remained at 5.25 opposed to the anticipated .25 hike.

For those of you who are swinging, your stop loss should have been at 232.82 so you’re still in the game.
I expect this pair to correct now after the Interest Rate anouncement for up to a day, before resuming its upmove.

Targets on the upside 235.00 > 238.17 > 241.43

See you at trade Trade #010

REGARDS!
E. Lang

[B]PS:[/B] [I]A few loosing trades, does not a bad system make. [/I]
The important thing is how much you win against how much you loose when you are actualy winning. That abided successfuly and in a consistent manner is what alleviates the winners from the loosers in Forex.

[B]PSS:[/B] Watch out for JOB-(Just Under Broke)-Less claims if you are still trading.

Hi guys,

Just reposting my system .ZIP for anyone who is interested in downloading it as it’s lost somewhere in the previous posts.

It includes:

1. MT4 Indicators
  2. MT4 Template
  3. Tutorial On Using The System

We are all rich beyond our imagination!

Regards,
E. Lang

Langs` System.zip (709 KB)

[B]TRADE #010

[/B] [B]~GBP/JPY~[/B]

[B]Entry[/B] - 233.95
[B]Lots Traded - [/B]2.0

[B]Target 1 / 10 PIPs[/B] - 233.76 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 2 / 20 PIPs[/B] - 233.66(TERMINATED)
[B]Target 3 / 30 PIPs[/B] - 233.56 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 4 / 40 PIPs[/B] - 233.46 (TERMINATED)
[B]Target 5 / 50 PIPs[/B] - 233.36 (TERMINATED)

[I]INTRA-DAY[/I] [B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ 50 PIPs[/B]- 234.45 (HIT)
[I]SWING [/I][B]Stop Loss[/B] [B]/ X PIPs[/B]- 234.80 (?)
[B]Lash[/B] - 50+ PIPS

[B]TRADE TYPE: 100% Mechanical[/B]

[B]STATISTICS[/B]

[B]TOTAL [/B][B]Loss Since Trade #001 /16.03.2007/: -[/B][B]140 PIPS[/B]

B[/B][B] PIPS[/B]

[B]SUM TILL DATE:[/B] [B]801 PIPS [/B]

[B]RECOMMENDATIONS:[/B]
Close your first lot when you hit 50 Pips Profit (Or a Target of your choice T1-T5) and set a SL for the remaining lot 5 Pips ahead of your Entry Position or at B/E so even if the trade goes against you, you will close with a minimum of 50 + 5 PIPs profit or no incurred expense.

Hello Effi,

since few day’s I follow your thread and your trading system. I think it works pretty good, even the last two trades were stoped out.

Can you please post a Chart of your entry decision?

Thank you

Thorsten

Hi there Thorsten,

I’m still inbetween scales trying to decide on whether to use TA in my system or just stick with the mechanics… Or maybe TA is Mechanics… and i’m just distorting reality.

I place my trades carefully and i knew before i entered the 2 loosers we had, i think those were #9 and #10, that i shouldn’t have based on my experience, but like i said i want to give you purely mechanical signals… meaning “ME” not taking even 10 minutes to do any TA.

Now i don’t know how this is working out, for the moment obviously bad…

You’ll notice i didn’t trade for about 6 days at one point from the 20th i think because there was a top forming. This is the way id naturaly react to reduce risk in my trades and it pays off and i’m aware of this opposed to trading only with mechanical signals where i would have most likely traded throughout the TOP/Consolidative formation and lost quite a bit.

Anyways… I’m not dissapointed lol, 8 our of 10 is a good record, even with todays loss we’re still 801 pips up, so its all good.

The trade today was based simply on Pivots and Stochastics on D1.
I obtained a bearish bias from those indicators and shorted around the open.

My contradictions were: A long signal by the EMA System (Green arrow, check pics) - normaly i’d only trade long under a long EMA signal, but i put asside everything to just deliver bear mechanical signals, so you guys can have raw statistics when evaluating the efficiency of this system. After all what im trying to do by posting all this data, isn’t to brag, but to show people it works and to let them know that combined with basic money management good money can be made (up to 800 PIPs in less than a month and in just a few trades ;))

It’s not giving me much satisfaction trading this way and i think i will revert to my normal trading method. This means you may expect less trades during the month, but they will most likely be quality ones.

Thorsten, if you could add me to Yahoo Messenger: <[email protected]> it would make explaining things a lot better LIVE, prior and after taking a trade.

Regards,
E. Lang

Hi Elang. New member here. Great system you have shared. I have just been doing some very small trades to get my feet wet in Forex. I am a software engineer and I am going to learn MQL4 this weekend. Do you think your system can be programmed into an expert advisor? The reason I ask is because I would like to try it as my first project.

Oh, most definately.

A friend of mine has actualy taken up the task to try and program it.

If you would like to give it a shot you can add me on Yahoo: <[email protected]> and we can discuss the rules and what not.

I’d happy to see an indicator for that.

Thank you for your kind comments.
Best Regards!

E. Lang

I can’t get the indicators or the template to load…I downloaded them to their proper locations but they still don’t show up.

I got it working now…the only thing is that the arrows are not showing up…what makes an arrow show up?