Consistently profitable without a blown account

If we want to learn trading t hen we will need to make use of the DEMO Trading a ccounts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys…really appreciate your advises

1 Like

Nope not a chance mate. Not discouraging you but losing trades is the part and parcel and actually that’s what makes forex so interesting and exciting. You’re always on your toes to make a better bid and this in the end increases your knowledge and skills.

True there @traderz5. Demo trading for beginners is important to get the feel of the trading platforms, the market orders, and the market dynamics that’s ever changing.

1 Like

Potentially, yes, you can do it, but it all lies down to how you make a profitable schedule scheme where you can try making a consistent profit by following your formulated strategy that has proven to be good and given you a good run of money.
Also, being a disciplined trader is a must.

If you learn to discipline yourself and follow the risk management rule according to your trading plan, YES, you can do it.

1 Like

It will definitely be possible and lots of people do, I have blown a few but am in a better place with it all and touch wood no blown account currently

If you have the right strategy, don’t over leverage and stick to a % of your account per trade, why not?

1 Like

For how long have you been demo trading? Never do anything under peer pressure and live trading? Are you kidding me? Don’t forget trading is not just about profits. You will have losses, you just need to a find a way to minimize them. So please think again before jumping to a live account.

1 Like

I on the other hand suggest that the beginners are better off trading with micro accounts… Simple reason behind this is that Demo accounts don’t provide the true picture of real trading.

1 Like

Another common mistake that the beginners make is staying too long on a demo account. The reason can be because there’s no real data available, they can’t judge the right move or time to swap to the live trading. Poor trading decisions won’t trigger the true emotions of losing trades and money, and eventually they fail to understand the value of a risk management solution.

1 Like

Exactly. The best part about micro accounts is that they can be opened with as low as $100. Turnkey forex and xm are such brokers and trading with this $100 will help you become a better trader than demo trading with $10000. Although turnkeyforex allows trading with even $10 but I would still suggest starting with atleast 100.

1 Like

I think that is possible if you are very careful and don’t let emotions come in your way. Good luck.

1 Like

Whoever tell you it is possible, ask the person if he or she has blown Account in the past. You would surely blow accounts.

That’s not true. The only way it will be an issue is if you trade higher timeframes that require larger stop losses. Just stick to the smallest lot size and work yourself up from there.

If you can’t grow $150, you won’t be able to grow $10,000.

In fact, it’s psychologically better to grow your account from a small amount to a big amount. You will have less fear when you look at your account and see you have a $15 Stop Loss vs a $1,500 one.

1 Like

The price you pay to get this type of discipline, is one or two blown accounts. Lol

You’ve got it. Have enough to trade properly first. Even when things go the other way for a bit you won’t fret

That’s a fallacy. Where did you get it from? I trade the 5 minute chart and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the movements and patterns are literally the same as the higher time frames. There is nothing random there, not even on the 1 minute chart. The reason I don’t like the 1 minute chart is because my R/R is unfavorable. With the 5 minute chart, I can get from 1:1.5 all the way to 1:4, even though that’s not the norm.

Just remember that there is nothing random in the markets.

1 Like

That is what I was saying. i.e. that a small equity account is almost forced into shorter timeframes because the higher timeframes (which are the more reliable timeframes) require wider stops to provide the breathing space that these trades require. The issue is precisely what you say here. You have to stick to the smallest lot size. And this usually means the lower timeframes as well. Trouble is this is precisely where the losses are usually created because you are trading “noise”. In addition, few traders are content to earn cents for very long before going for the “big one” and the “doubled up revenge trades” etc etc.

This is totally incorrect. It is a commonly known fact that trading with a large equity is considerably easier than with “a fistful of dollars”. For one thing, one is not worried every time the loss exceeds 5 bucks and secondly it provides considerablly more flexibility for wider stops and scaling in/out of positions.

This is also totally incorrect. Firstly it is almost impossible to grow such a small account, but even if one can then it demands infinite patience (which 99% of newbie traders do not possess) to watch the cents monotonously growing 80 cents up, 30 cents down, 30 cents down, 70 cents up, da di da di da.
Also, if one loses 25$ off a small account one is immediately worried about the next trade. The psychology focuses on the money and the individual trade and loses sight of the longer term goal and money management across the range of trades instead of sweating over the P/L on the immediate one at the moment.

You make it sound as though all you have to do is trade small on short timeframes and everything will be fine and you will build a big account. But that is more or less what the bulk of new traders do …and the bulk of new traders fail. That is the fact!

1 Like

Don’t do it. Practice a good working strategy with proper risk management first. That advice is a recipe for a blown up account. Losing and blowing up accounts messes up with your psyche. You become more fearful and second guess yourself constantly until you’re stuck in analysis paralysis.

I repeat, don’t listen to them.