Consistently profitable

Hey guys,

I would like to know how many months of profitability is considered consistently profitable?

Cheers

Hello @jamerz1991

Imo it takes years of profitability to be considered consistenly profitable, not months.

Yeah I agree, it’s more over years than months too. I just wordered it wrong

After 6 month of trading i start to consistently profit in forex…

It depends on how long you regard it as consistently profitable. Is 3 months of consistent profit a consistently profitable system for you? Or would you feel more comfortable to call it consistently profitable once it’s been consistently profitable for 6 months? Personally I consider a system consistently profitable once I’ve seen consistent profits for at least 3 months. But I also take into consideration that the markets change and so I adapt the consistently profitable system with the times. It all depends on the trader

I would take it in steps. 3 months of month over month profits should give you some confidence you are on the track to profitability. 6 months of profitability with a 1 to 2 or better drawdown to total profit percentage is where you say “I know what I’m doing.” Large investors will look at that ratio of total profit to drawdown. 3 or 4 to 1 Profits to drawdown is an excellent ratio. Once you hit a year and are profitable over 10% with no leverage or >40% with leverage, it’s time to start looking for ways to grow your trading business.