(Continuous) Uninterrupted Power Source

some people are not worthy of your communication man. If you have any questions, I am happy assist you as long as it is within the scope of my knowledge. In case you want to learn about trailing stops, EAs or robot trading, I can both describe briefly and I can also introduce some sources, as for now just consider that EAs, Robots and trailing stop are totally different matters.

1 Like

I think you are right :rofl:

Many thanks for your kind and generous offer to share your insight! I’d be interested to learn more about EA/Robots (trailing stops I understand, though not automating them).

I should say that I have limited programming knowledge. And I do love operating on the visual charts, though this may be only because I’ve not been doing it long enough : )

If you’ve any reading resources that would get me oriented so that I’ll waste the least of your time, I’m happy to read. Otherwise, I’ll follow your lead as however you’d like to share!

Brah I am really sorry I dont know how I did not see this message. about books, I strongly suggest “Algorithmic Trading & DMA” by Barry Johnson. it is a very good start for learning about automated trading. The other title that I like a lot, with a more simple language is “Forex Trading for Dummies” by Kathleen Brooks and Brian Dolan, this one is about trading in general, some chapters are about automated trading and robots. if you are new in trading, go for the second one firs :D.

1 Like

Will get and read both, in your prescribed order! Many thanks!!

I wish you find them useful, and a friendly advice, never follow anyone’ guide blindly, always ask for valid sources or valid logic when you get an advice, there are a lot of people who aim to abuse the naive.

1 Like

Yes; in many respects the state of society is a strange and sad one, indeed… Many thanks!

What UPS did you end up getting. I didn’t think about adding a UPS to the router until the power went out last week due to a storm.

I trade mainly on a desktop, so I’d have to have a UPS on the router, wifi network and desktop.

Or move to a laptop temporarily and just cable into the router or wifi AP directly.

1 Like

Waiting to get confirmation from APC in Italy on one of their devices… but because everybody goes on vacation for the entire month of August, it’s been impossible to get anything done, lol…

Will try them again the first week of September : )

LOL, that now happens in the UK too. It never used to be like that. Maybe too many people with too much money and nobody wants to work. Did you get to see the APC guy?

1 Like

Part of me feels like this has always been the case, but these, so many more people actually mean it.

if you want to build your own uninterruptible power supply…

(1) 12 volt car battery
(1) 12 volt batter charger
(1) 110 or 220 inverter/converter

keep the battery charger plugged into a wall socket to keep the car battery charged, and then if the lights only go out for a short time you are good.

but if the power goes out for an extended period of time, buy a gas powered generator that puts out either 110 or 220(depending on what your battery charger runs on, and you can keep that 12 volt battery charged up as long as you dont run out of gasoline…

or, here is a twist on this… just get a 110/220 inverter… hook it to your car’s battery and run an extension cord into your house and just let the car run.

also, if you dont know about supercapacitors, they are like batteries that have a life expectancy of something like 30-50 years.

1 Like

About ready to give up on those folks. They’ve not returned the outreach as they said they would. I’m going to chalk it up to “August” (lol) and give 'em one more try. After that, it’s onto one of their competitors. Many thanks for checking in!

Resourceful!!

do you know what is good to have around for when you are off grid or for emergencies?

take a standard solar panel that is designed to charge a 12 volt battery and splice/connect it to a female cigaretter lighter plug…

then get a cigarette lighter/usb thingy that they sell and plug it into the female cigarette lighter plug.

now you have a way to charge anything that is usb powered, no batteries required, and it will charge things from approx 9am until 3pm(depending on the season of the year.

when i built one of these, i used a solar panel that i picked up from an auto parts store that was one square foot in size and it worked great.

1 Like

It is a pleasure. right now in my main job, I have just set up a hypercare rapid response group that lives alongside the IT support desk. So I am well tuned to how big companies set up their support, whether it is a contact centre, a sales and marketing division, or an internal or external helpdesk. I used to call helpdesks “helpless desks”. Imagine APC spend millions of dollars on a CRM software (customer relationship management) but no matter how much you spend, it is still down to each individual at the hot end to actually return what he or she promises to customers. After spending all that money, I know over many years that it is still possible to be a below average employee and still manage to spend years in the same job without being pushed to move on. That is internal controls for you. Or maybe his sales bonus is so good in September you have moved to the bottom of his priority list. Who knows? Try walking in to an independent IT shop near you and ask them if they stock APC products and if not what do they recommend for your use case and why.

When the zombie apocalypse hits, I’m rolling right behind you, my friend! :muscle:t4::heart::muscle:t4:

Hi @ShojinRyori , I know the post is half a year old [but this may help others]. As you stated, when the power goes out, the internet connection goes out, so how will the UPS benefit handling your trades?
Me back in the day: Woohoo, my MacMini Core Duo (and monitor) are back on during this blackout/power outage, sitting on top of a UPS that was several times larger than the MacMini. But OOPS, I cannot contact my broker due to the simultaneous internet outage. [You might be able to use a land-line phone or doubtfully a mobile phone - to close trades {if they have a phone human operator protocol to trade} or beg support to close them], but the solution ended up being to use a VPS somewhere. Or a co-located service where you use your PC at a server farm company instead of also using their PC.

1 Like