Copy Paste Moderation Feedback

It’s ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!

For three weeks, we’ve been debating how to stop these imbeciles from stealing chunks of text from the web and pasting them in as “forum posts”.

We’ve been begging and pleading with the mods to stop them from doing it.

We’ve been pointing out the damage it can do to the forum.

We’ve been having private correspondence with the admin about it.

We’ve debated it in public, in the “feedback” section.

AND EVEN NOW HE’S STILL DOING IT!!!

Stolen from here: What Does A Forex Broker Do? | Lucror Foreign Exchange

1 Like

Awe come on guys, don’t be too hard of poor Estis (or “anon89378761” as he/she seems to now be called) . He probably felt a burning pity for dear FredAstaire, who is still waiting after 3 1/2 years to know which broker to start with, and felt an irresistible urge to help him by telling him that he has personally used neither of them and has no info to offer about them - maybe that helped him? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am not sure which is more sad, that these things get posted or that they get read by hundreds of people…oops, did I post something here? sorry, I’ll go back to waiting for that book review thread to get going instead :smiley: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

The change of username can only be done by forum management.

So, we learned something here: rather than remove the irrelevant, stupid, stolen, pasted-in posts, they’ll leave those posts on the board but change the member’s username. Perhaps trying to make it look like they’ve “done something”?

It must be part of their “process” and the fact that a lot goes on behind the scenes that the members don’t see. That’s how Pipstradamus explains it, anyway.

1 Like

I am not sure this is actually correct. It seems that if you go to your “settings” and select “Preferences” you can edit your own Username?

I’ve never tried it so I don’t know if it actually accepts an edit, but why else would it be there as an option?

2 Likes

I see. I hadn’t thought of that, thank you.

Why - as Piperazine and so many others are so persistently asking now - can’t the forum staff do something about this?

I’ve asked Pipstradamus again, here but my guess is that he’ll either remove my post, or answer cursorily and lock the thread to censor members wanting to comment on this ridiculous situation.

1 Like

is farcical

but it leads always to the ordinary members being censored or ignored, while the trolls multiply and continue to paste in nonsense with no action taken over it, the people doing this protected

madness!

1 Like