Could I start trading only $100 on 0.01 volume lot size?

Then it will be 3$ profit in that case! By the way, please be careful on over trading issue; it’s very common problem by the newbie’s.

1 Like

If you trade 1 lot (100 000 units) on EURUSD then one pip value will be $10. For 0.1 lot pip value is $1. Pay attention to margin, for 1:500 leverage and 0.1 lot (10000 currency units), 100% margin is 20 USD. In your case you will have 500% margin (100 USD)

Do I need a trade balance over $100 to do 0.1 lot size?
I’m thinking if I do a buy limit and gain 30 pips do I make $300 or $30 or $3 from a $100 account?

As far as I know, the value of 1 lot is 1$ per pip. Correct me, if I am wrong.

1standard lot (100,000 units) is approx 10 USD per pip, 1 minilot (10,000 units) is approx 1 USD and 1 microlot (1000 units) is approx 10cents per pip

The balance on your account has nothing to do with what you make or lose. It is the size of the nominal position that you take that determines your profit/loss per pip.

If you are with a broker under ESMA/FCA jurisdiction you will not be able to open more than 2 microlots as from August because of the reduced leverage rules. 2 microlots will require margin from your account of approx 66 usd.

With an account size of 100usd you should not be trading bigger size than that anyway…and with your current level of understanding of these issues you should not be trading at all yet.

4 Likes

Oh, now I got it! Thanks a lot mate! Actually, I am working with the minilot.

1 Like

Yeah I know. Just using $100 because its my risk amount. What I’m trying to figure out is that if I risk $100 and did a 0.1 lot size I would be making more than my entry. Just saying… :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks everyone!

0.0001 (1 pip) from 100 000 units is 10 dollars. Simply multiply 0.0001*100000

You need to be careful of having enough margin to cover the new lot size. You can use a margin calculator to see how much you need for your margin with a bigger lot size. Google fxpro margin calculator if you dont have one. The margin is the amount of money you will need in your account apart from the amount you are risking on the trade. If you are using a stop loss, you can use a high leverage like 1:500 with low risk under normal market conditions. With 0.01 lot size you are risking 10 cents per pip on majors like Aud/Usd, Nzd/Usd. You can also calculate your value per pip using a pip calculator. So, 10 cents x 30 pips is $3 and if you multiply the lot size by 10 to 0.1, you will then earn $30 dollars. If your stop loss is also 30 pips, you will be risking the same amount on the trade. You didn’t mention a stop loss in your post, you should investigate it else you could end up losing more than the balance in your account.

Your saying that if I did not put a stop loss and it went opposite direction and got a negative balance I would need to pay?

Even if there is a stop loss. You will need to pay without negative balance protection if there is an extreme move which happens seldomly but could destroy you.

Yes this is the best way to earn a profit. Never be greedy if you don’t want to lose your all the money. Always try to make some little pips and never try to become a rich in a little time. You should have to do some hard work and increase your pips with the increase of your experience.

1 Like

you’re absolutely right :point_right:

In fact further to this, if you need to ask questions like this then you should not yet be trading live imo

Greed is the forex traders cancer.

2 Likes

You are right; live trading is not for the option of new traders! Without proper knowledge, Forex is impossible!

1 Like

Thanks buddy; have a great week!

You can start, but I would still think of bigger capital, because security and reserves are the most important things in the market…

.0001=1pip
.001=10pip
.01=100pip
.1=1000pip
1=10 000pip
10=100000pip
100=1 000 000pip

The relation vested with regards to the fluctuation of the spread determines the amount of moving pips. The quantity vested determines the amount captured in percentage in relation to the spread.

Higher the leverage the safer your investment but the ability to be greatly compensable decrease