Couple questions from a complete noob

haha i havent been on babypips that much recently and this is the first thread i’ve read in awhile, to be honest im finding it hilarious lol

as pointed out mayo has no intentions of contributing anything useful to this thread other than the fact that " having a mentor helps " which i would have to agree with mastergunner sounds very much like a sales pitch for an irrelevant product in todays market.

i personally learnt everything i know from ebooks, babypips and members on here like mastergunner, tymen1, phil, cas,etc so there really is no need at all to pay for education in this field. i am now trading my own account as well as managing 3 others with total funds of £200k+ now, i use a wide range of techniques from swing trading to scalping so every minute of the day counts toward my overall profit, so for me to mentor someone with the intention of turning a profit and starting a business i would have to charge extortinate amounts to make up for what i would have made trading, even then i could not guarantee those students success so it really would not benefit anyone which is the reason why you will not find a successful trader charging mentorship fees.

most so called mentors are failed traders who know the basics but yet never quite grasp the raw fundamentals of how the markets work so they try and flog what little they do know at a high price to those who know nothing.

although on rare occassions you do get successful traders who are willing to share what they know for free on forums such as babypips, either out of pure generosity or for the fact that they enjoy imparting knowledge to others and like the feeling of giving something back.

so trading fish i would urge you to forget your quest for a mentor and just drain every last bit of info you can from the more experienced members here that are willing to help you for free. if you have any questions you can post them here or contact some of the more experienced members directly, im sure they’ll all be more than happy to help

lee

haha he makes more money than the members here, some of which are on 6 figures or more per annum yet he has to resort to spam marketing on a forum and continiously fight for any potential students he’d be so damn lucky to get?

still not quite convinced mate, make up a few more babypips accounts and use them to post how great your services are a million times over and i still doubt you’ll even get anyone remotely naive enough to consider taking you seriously!

lee

LOL!

Lee I don’t care about anything you just said, but I have respect for you.

Thanks for sharing this… hehe

that’s incorrect profitforextrader I did contribute something of value, I answered TradingFish’s original question, but apparently some on this thread have used it to sully the virtues of this forum instead, are you next? will you also resort to defamation to get your point across?

funny your logic, “so it really would not benefit anyone which is the reason why you will not find a successful trader charging mentorship fees”, so that means that a flight instructor or an attorney who is successful should not charge for his services because they should work for free. just beautiful, but in the real world it’s not exactly for free is it profitforextrader?

oh, wait a minute but trading instructors are the exception, yes, that’s right, i suppose you assign different rules for them, i also suppose you appointed yourself to have authority over this matter, right profitforextrader?

don’t resort to defamation noprofitsforextrader, don’t.

What have I started? :frowning:

You catch that? No upfront fees. Implying such fees are on the backend. This site has a free chatroom that is frequently visited by many successful traders.

Learn for free.

No I’m not implying that!

Just move on and let him do his thing.

He does not charge up front fees,

And yet you still have yet to deny that you gave this man a dime for his time.

Plus, who is he? Name, credentials, records of results. One would be a fool to be in this guys flock.

I am under no obligation to give that information out.

Who are you to know?

His name is Xxx, his credentials are:

None of your business.

He makes millions and that’s all I care about. I’m a soon to be millionaire because of him! So ha ha!

Mentor with him today!

You did not start anything these 2 have been up to this for some time.
If these guys know anything about trading or ever answer a specific trading question I have never seen it posted anywhere. I have looked.

The first money you spend on getting an education in FX is your first little live account that you blowup. You will learn more about trading and yourself from that experience than anyone can teach you. Its up to you how much that costs.

Based solely by your antics on the this and other forums, it makes complete sense to me that you are a student of his.

hmmmm… long term contract?

Um yeah, I am…

SO???

BNB Analytics does things of his own accord Shr1k, i don’t influence him in anyway, he’s just a fan i suppose, how about you, still blowing accounts? what valuable lessons has the market taught you thus far? and what do you bring to this thread? do you come here for the sole purpose of adding fuel to this heated debate or to talk about trading?

Would anyone be willing to help me by holding my hand through some of the basics? I’d be willing to pay for this.

Obviously the answer to question is yes. If that was what the debate was about its over.

Is it worth it? I don’t think so.

what do you bring to this thread?

My opinion. Take it or leave it.

I talked to mayo a few days ago. He seems like a very nice guy and definitely wasn’t trying to take advantage of me. The focus was on helping me learn over making a profit. He tried explaining some stuff to me but I was too new to understand any of it. I’m sure he is an excellent trader but I want to get the basics down before I continue with him.

I’m sure that there is no substitute for experience but there is no reason to go at this alone. Getting instant feedback and hearing other peoples perspectives can never hurt. a couple guys from this forum helped me with a couple real basic questions for free. Thanks guys. I’m grateful for any help I can get.

All I can say is…

Mayo is king. Enuff said. All bow to him.

Whether Mayo would care to admit it openly or not, we do agree on one thing. Your presence here is not helping him at all.

Say what you wish, mastergunner99, but Mayo to me is all I need to get my trading success fix. He’s opportunity realized.

There are differences between those on a forum who want to leech things for free like you and a trading mentor who may give free service up front, but values his art too much to keep it free forever.

Learn that information of value does indeed come at a price. Information of little to no value doesn’t.

Didn’t you take business 101 in school? Or are you still in middle school?

And to all my fellow students out there, who here has signed up with the great Magical Mayo the Great after realizing some undeniable truths in this thread?? I would have if I didn’t already work with him and make gobs and gobs of money.