Cowabunga system MT4 indicator

It should show all arrows. Sometimes its a good idea to reset the indicator. (Right click and get the indicator list up then double click on the cowabunga indicator and press reset). Try this. Also some people have reported problems with windows vista but I don’t have this so can’t help.

hi all,

I was just putting things together with the cowabunga system. Is this how it should look in MT4?

This is how it looks on a H4 gbp/usd chart in MT4.

regards,
Pret

Hey Andy- I’ve a request for something you could probably do in five minutes. It’s a simplification of the Cowabunga- any pair indicator, but working inside an mq4 file is beyond my current capabilities. I don’t mind discussing it on forum, but it will be for use with a different system I’m testing, so I didn’t want to discuss it in this thread. But if you don’t mind discussing it privately, would you please email me? You can click my name and the option to email me is activated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

Shouldn’t be a problem. I sent you a mail but not sure if it got through. If not send me one with the details (I’ve enabled my email on this forum)

Prettrad

Your chart is correct. Don’t forget that the signals only appear on the 15 minute chart so you’ll need to change timeframes if you want to trade the signals.

Hi everyone … quick question.

With the MT4 indicator and template for the Cowabunga system, does the blue arrow indicate a buy and the red arrow indicate a sell?

If so, reviewing the chart for the past few days, blue arrows would have been good sell trade and red arrows good buy trades if held for a few hours.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

• Iggy

Correct. Also arrow pointing up means buy, down mean sell.

All systems will give false signals. Yesterday there was a bad buy signal that cost us 50+ pips but check pip surfers blog - he got it too. The point is over time the good outweigh the bad and this system has a proven track record.

Felt like droppin in after nearly a year away. I’m glad someone was able to step up to the plate and improve on my indicator. Makes me feel less guilty about disappearing suddenly without warning. I just got really bored about forex and I’m still skeptical especially about mechanical systems like the cowabunga. But it’s building up quite an impressive history!

Anyway, my apologies for all the unanswered PMs. I needed a break.

Hey ybop!

I was not here at the time you were, but in looking thru the threads you left behind, I did notice where you dropped out.

Glad to see you back, and hope that some of what’s happened behind you inspires you to pick it up again.

Jeff

I’m also a bit confused…im still reading the whole thread so i might get it…
if you look at my pic, if I bot at the blue arrows the price moved opposite me . Liksewise if i sold at the red arrows same seemed to have happened.

Am i missing something?

Pret

I can’t make out the indicators on the black background, but on your image #1, it looks like you have it right. The only difference must be that Alpari’s prices at those points were different enough from other brokers prices at those moments, that you got different signals.

Two brokers whose prices have almost always given me the same signals as PipSurfer’s are MIG Investments and Advised Trading.

Here’s a shot of Advised from the same periods as your image #1. The trades taken at the same points would have had virtually the same results, but the signals appear different.

Hopefully helpful

Jeff

Hello guys.
I think cowabunga missed a trade yesterday, he didnt wrote it in his blog anyway. I have atached a picture to clairfy the trade that i think he missed. The trade is at the vertical red line. at 2007-12-13 1:30 Pm est
Please coment.

Regards Leffe.

nada a

hi. i’d like to download the MT 4 indicator custom for cowabunga the site says YBP0 has it.
can someone send me the link? <[email protected]>
thanks

From what I can tell MACD was already negitive at that time on mine so… no trade. I see you are using osMA instead of regular MACD histogram, that may explain the difference.

i have downloaded the indicator into the experts folder but nothing showes up when i restarted MT4. what have i missed?

thanks

put it in experts\indicators

restart mt4

found in indicators -> custom once in mt4

hi
is anyone else having trouble with setting theright exit for this system? when you wai for the RSI to cross below 50 you will have incurred a several pip loss. if you wait for the EMAs to re-cross the loss is even bigger. if you look the ‘50’ and ‘00’ exit points the price may not reach these, and retrace.

does anyone have an exit strategy that is working for them? please tell me. appreciate it.:mad:

hi again.

also has anyone ever seen a blue arrow on the cowabunga indicator?

seems all it can do is identify sell setups?

thanks

Yes, the last one I got was on 13 December at 02:15 - there’s just been alot of down trending is all.

Cheers Matt:)

Hi all:
I read that I could install sound alarms in MT4 (I’m using Interbank’s version) using the Cowabunga indicators/templates. How can this be done? (exactly)

Also, does any one here know of Cowabunga templates/indicators for other charting software? Like Sierra Charts or E-signal?

Thanks a bunch in advance…and a happy new year dam it!