Currency Strength & Weakness without Indicators!

By next week open, Gaps will surely change those percentages right?

I’m currently building a strong SW strategy around different SW tools, any input would help. Thanks

Yes, Max, every day is a new day, with new strength and weakness, be nimble!

But looks like some trend against USD developing

2018-11-17_8-14-44

1 Like

Thank you Snow, can I call you Snow? :grinning:

A link to that site would also help.

See what the big boys see

Go to FOREX EARLY WARNING

Mainly FREE site, go to the Webinar page, scroll to bottom, listen to latest analysis FREE

On the 35 Lessons page there is better quality information than most paid sites, guaranteed

That should keep you busy for the weekend, ENJOY

3 Likes

This makes you a big boy too I guess.

LOL, I hope it does. Thanks Pal

1 Like

This is PUBLIC posting and FREE

EURUSD Confirms Weekly Reversal Pattern

1 Like

if i were you i’d bookmark it in case it gets taken down
if you learn nothing else from that information, pay very close attention to, & wrap your grey cells around lesson 24.

that one item blended with a heat/strength-weakness tool will make & save you more dough than you can shake a stick at over time providing you don’t get overexcited & incinerate your cash beforehand.

4 Likes

Thanks @speed_bump, you wisdom is very much appreciated

Lesson 24 can be found here The Domino Effect For those new to researching detailed topics…

Or watch the Domino Effect YouTube overview.

Check out the Forex Early Warning Site while your there… a quality resource…

3 Likes

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Lesson 35 is on Options, is that it?

1 Like

Okay, it has been a long day of reading and watching of youtube videos, thanks again guys for all the links provided.

It seems to get their real time Heatmap comes with some sort of subscription. Anyway, a lot has been learnt today from those articles.

Or will the signal really be available to non-subscribers during market open hours? @The_Snowman Please I need your reply here. Thanks.

Yes, but don’t worry about Lesson 35, don’t trade options

I stand by my original statement = 35 Lessons page

How can I make it more clear, it’s the internet, let me try

The LINKS on the 35 Lessons page will take you to better quality information than most paid sites, guaranteed

So, take time to read those lessons, except 35 not so much

Anyone out there understand the difference?

2 Likes

I totally understand now. “The 35 lessons page” and not necessarily the 35th lesson.

2 Likes

there are several very good heat maps available for free. Most are geared to very short term less than 1 hour trading eeven scalping 1M and 5M works well with them.

What time frame are you wanting to use a heat map for??

where do you see that a meter or map is for 1 hour or less? I general read them as strength during the day for sure, better from Frankfurt open and on, but don’t associate that with a time frame

1 Like

If a currency starts gaining strength, won’t it be evident first in the lower time frames and move up to the higher ones? Then the higher it goes the longer it lasts?

I also think this is why before it gets to Dennis’s H4 chart it is already long gone and about to end.

@The_Snowman
When you look at the daily strength from the heat maps and take appropriate positions, do you close at NY close? Or do you hold until you see a decline in strength?
I have seen currencies go from strong to weak in one day.

And how do you know if a currency would continue in strength or weakness until the next day or next week?

1 Like

This meter is very good for upto 1 Hr, however it does not auto update so when you look at it, refresh first.
http://www.livecharts.co.uk/currency-strength.php

That said i trade mostly USD crosses and I use the DXY index as my indicator.

Absolutely correct, Dennis is for very long term charts, there was CHFJPY chart posted from memory, it had already moved 800 pips from the high before it got signal by his magic formulas, really?

It’s such a slow moving method and yet no one can be bothered to record those trades on a demo, go figure!

I will only use this during the day, about to post some pictures soon. Not worried about follow through for next day at all

3 Likes

So, I recorded some shots of the FINVIZ meter during the day, pasted them into Word. I think that it is worth doing for each 4 hour candle close.

FINVIZ resets after New York close 5 pm, so not enough data, IMHO, until at least 8 hours passed, which is fine, that’s just before Frankfurt opens, then London

You can see the progress of NZD to strong and JPY to weak, both of these held for the day, not always the case, you need to observe closely, perhaps news or whatever happens.

And see how smooth that price action was, note markets time along the top, good luck all

5 Likes

Very true, it’s a shame it resets and isn’t a live constant indicator. I believe the data from this web based meter can be taken into Excel and used to generate a real time live graph.

I use an app (PC) that is programmed to take a screenshot every hour or whatever time frame I choose to monitor. You can then build a visual and see the currencies moving from weak to strong and back again across the day, week whatever… it just makes it easier if you are away from the computer or more importantly asleep.

A glimpse of the meter… sometimes doesn’t tell the real story

2 Likes

Below is another interesting style of Currency Strength Meter that can be utilized for trading…

This Web based CSM displays TF’s from 5 mins to 1 Month… useful for trading shorter TF’s.

https://fpi.tradingstrategyguides.com/fpi/home/?tab=menu1m

While also displaying the 5 Hottest Pairs (Below) for your chosen Time Frame… Very handy indeed…

Thanks to www.tradingstrategyguides.com for providing this resource FREE on their site.

1 Like