Dad looks over my account

Be happy to have someone monitor your trades. His experience or skill is completely irrelevant here. He’s your natural ‘risk management’, that’s the whole idea. He’s passively making you not to risk much!

1 Like

Exactly - you are 20 you do not have to share everything

Listen: You are 20 years old. That means you’re an adult. You have to learn to spread your own wings and fly. Your father won’t be around forever to nanny you and fix your problems. If you need daddy’s approval at this age, you’ll never be independent. The situation is unhealthy and unfruitful. You are more focused on him than on your trading. Your progress will be hampered by this.

Either you quit or get a demo account he doesn’t know about and when you’ve tested your system and it performs well, open a micro account and grow it. Make sure you use your own funds.

It doesn’t sound like your father doesn’t want you to succeed, but he’s trying to protect his investment. You are using his money. Use your own money and explain to him that the current system is having a negative psycholocical effect on you and the stress is causing you to lose your focus. If he kept preventing you from from falling as a baby, you would not be able to walk today. You need to learn the ropes on your own.

I think your father is well aware of the fact that forex trading is not easy at all . It requires a lot of knowledge base and experience . So he is therefore just keeping a check on how you are doing in order to avoid losses because its ultimately him who has to bear the loss. Since he is so concerned you guys should rather spend some time discussing and learning how you should trade profitably in forex markets . Going together would definitely help you guys to make your accounts profitable.

i would recomend to you to talk with your dad and to explane him that you are a grown person and you should learn on your own successes and misstakes.

you can just open another account with the same broker you are with …think its not positive for your emotions when some extra eyes are controlling you …if u are new into trading its even worse in my opinion

When I have eyeballs on my account, I usually end up making a lot of money and doubling the account.

you are longer in the game than him i guess :wink:

Your trades need to be supported by data in order to be accurate.

There’s no data of significance in holding trades for less than a day, unless you’re full time with the proper data feed.

No experience…

Question is do they believe that making money from forex trading is a myth or potentiality? If they think it is the former, then you can break the partnership and work alone. If it is the latter, he still is your father, and you should continue to work together. Consider it family bonding time. Triumph or Defeat, you walk this journey together.