David Jefferson aka: Rave55 (Technical Analysis Trading Method)

Looks good so far. Not interested in the car though.

Hi,

I just prefer the 21,5,3 stochastic setting as its not to fast, but not to slow, it gives me the information I need in terms of divergence or when the market is about to consolidate or reverse from a support/resistance zone.

There is nothing magical about the setting, its just my personal preference.

I have 2 golden retrievers, both are named after Porscheā€™sā€¦ Carrera and Caymanā€¦ how sadā€¦ yes I know!

I have my little Dexter a lakeland who thinks heā€™s a wolf lol here at work with me today.

joffie

If you donā€™t mind, Iā€™d like to have your thoughts on swing trading/trading the longer timeframes, unless intraday is all you do?

Not sad at all :slight_smile:

My dogā€™s name is Achilles :smiley:

David

Would you never consider trading on the pullback going into your bull/bear zone and against the trend?

Hi o990l6mh

When trading longer termā€¦ ie higher time frames, then my trades are option and derivatives based (fixed income/risk)

As far as the spot market goes, I intra-day trade.

I donā€™t have a problem or view any problems with swing trading or higher time frame trading. But I prefer to do business during the day and close out at the end of the day, unless as I say I have a fixed risk derivative or option in place.

I just like to approach each new day with a fresh outlook and view, and take it from there.

Hello,
I do not agree with your point of view about EAs. Any algorithm can be programmed. For example this algorithm can be programmed too:

1. you are looking for price up/down 100 200 SMA
  2. if 1 is valid you are building BB zone and looking for 123 or any other pattern.
    Yes there is a lot of scam EA sellers but I can not say that every EA is created by scum bag marketers

Hi PREDITER

No as there is no pro money in those moves, and price is not guaranteed to come within or test the BULL/BEAR zone or correction zones, the market may turn flat or consolidate for the session or day.

The BULL/BEAR and correction zones are where the pro money will be attracted if price moves within or tests, therefore you are trading with the order flow. Outside of that then you are trading with retailers and much small pro money (small funds, and small corporates ect ect).

Hope this helps.

Hello websmith

You are more than entitled to your opinion websmith.

We will agree to disagree on the subject and can move on with the thread.

But how do you program common sense.

David

Yes, it helps alot.
Iā€™m just building my knowledge and throwing some questions around so I get your way of trading

Hi David,

Thanks for your posts, very much appreciated for the time and effort you are putting in.

One question, which instruments do you mainly follow for your intra-day activities? Obviously youā€™ve cited EU, GU and gold in some previous posts, any others?

Thanks

J

Hi,

I will have a noisy at almost anything major or on the cross rates. But the EURO and GBP as well as GOLD are my main hunting ground. I will also trade silver, crude and sugar.

Hi David

Iā€™ve followed you over from the other thread too. A question I have for you is when you have multiple recent swing highs/lows, do you have any advice from which to draw your fibs to locate the correction zone. I noticed on the eu hourly chart this morning you used the high established this morning in the open session.

If price is very extended like the AUDUSD currently would you be prepared to go back several months to find a swing high/low to use for intra-day trading?

Regards

Simon

Hi dave
Ive just caught up with pages 1-11 on forum and might suggest thatit could help others to set up a notepad or something to take away some of the gems for quick reference. Thanks for all the stuff your posting apart from the pips school its the best stuff ive seen out hear.

Ciao, from Italy, David!

You seem to be a very nice person with grate attitudeā€¦

Waiting for interesting informations about how you read the priceā€¦

Thanks!

Hi David

What would be your advice on risk per trade?

Will you be posting some of your old informative posts from your previous forum? I think it would help even if its history information it will still give us a bigger picture

Thanks

Hi David,

I find it very excitig and wondrous to let us read your thoughts and your knowledge! I will read it through for some more time to adopt myself to these rules. so itā€™s really great!
Iā€™m a bit new to forex, but now Iā€™m looking the charts every day(!) since january this year and I started learning it december. but thatā€™s not what matters. I really would like to learn more. I have some favourite pairs like Aud/Jpy, so Iā€™d like to be good on japanies pairs. Could you give us some advice if there is, to trade them?
And I find it really exciting what you told about ā€œbuy low, sell highā€ and smart money zone. I think I had a good luck because I have a position Aud/Jpy at 74.74 but from time to time, I wonder when will be it when Iā€™ll have to reconsider to sell that position, or how long can I hold a position like this? What would that retracement be that this position can bear and so on. Still itā€™s just a simbolic trade for me, because all that I earned (still unrealized) with it is just 11 singapuriandollar :smiley: so now you know I really donā€™t have much money on my pocket or account, itā€™s all learning for me and want to progress. I know itā€™s a carry trade pair but that wasnā€™t the main reason I tried to grab that position. I have some blurred conception about Eur/Aud/Jpy.
(I also thought Cad/Jpy will the second that would rise high but now I lost that beliefe ā€¦ if we could talk about beleifes here :smiley: I 'm sily that I havenā€™t paid more attention to Usd/Cad and now weā€™re approacing a resistence zone at 1.006 I havenā€™t got a clue what would happen)
So I would need an advise if there is a huge retracement is coming in the Aud/Jpy and if you see where it will endā€¦ it would be the second miracle if you could share, how we can calculate retracements :slight_smile: the first, that youā€™re here! :slight_smile: Keep posting and have a geat day!

Risk per trade is totally a private and personal choice that the trader must make. I canā€™t tell you how much of your money that you should risk as that would be wrong of me.

But of course there are some guidelines in place to protect your capital and that is to risk 1-3% of your capital per trade. But againā€¦ exactly how much is your choice and only you can answer that.

I have already been posting old info from the other forumā€¦ the first few pages or so of this thread are tittled [B]ā€œOLD POSTā€[/B]

David

I wouldnā€™t go back several months for intra-day fib drawingā€¦ really your just looking for the last major swing to fibā€¦ last weeks high low, this weeks current high low, or if the previous day was a big mover then you could fib that. As price makes a new high or low, then you will need to re-draw your fibsā€¦ that why I included todays high.