Daylight saving time- london

Hi guys
Quick question.
At the moment london opens at 7 GMT timezone. And this change was after March 29. So before that date at what time london opened? (in GMT zonetime please)
thanks

[B]8 GMT.[/B]

If you want to read more about daylight saving time, this thread should answer your questions —

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/72463-time-change-reminder-march-april-2015-a.html#post687013

Hi thanks for the link

Right know london open is at the 10am candle on my mt4 server. So if I am backtesting a system, looking at data before march 29, I would have to look at the 11am candle as london open right?

Well, maybe.

Your broker’s server is (currently) two hours ahead of London time. That is, the server is (currently) in the GMT+3 time zone.

You must find out whether the server switches back and forth between standard time and daylight saving time every 6 months. Contact your broker, and ask.

• If the server adjusts for DST (along with the UK, central Europe, and eastern Europe), then the London open will always be 10am on your MT4 platform.

• On the other hand, if the server does not adjust for DST, then the London open will be 10am on your platform when London is on DST (as it is now), and 11am when London is on standard time.

Again, check with your broker regarding the way the server is set up.

Hi Clint,thanks
This is what they told me:

Me
the mt4 serverr switches back and forth between standard time and daylight saving time every 6 months?
Support:
Hello, the MT4 server time is adjusted when the US has their time change. It is different each year, but this year the next time change will occur on November 1
Me
So basically, the server adjust when US changes, so around every 6 months?
Support:
Yes, that is correct

What do you think Clint? I have now 2 issues:

1. I mean if I open a 1 hour chart an go back to Juanuary and february this year to backtest, London open is still at the 10am candle right?

2. But If I go back to March: US changed on March 8 (and so my broker server), but London daylight saving time began on March 29, so between March8 and March29 what happens?

Thanks again man!

Yup. — You’ve got a nuisance to contend with here.

Before we go any further, consider this. If the London open is critical to the back-testing you want to do, you might want to search for a UK broker who offers an MT4 demo account which remains on London time throughout the year. Then, you can do your back-testing on that platform without worrying about time changes, and do your trading wherever you prefer.

If that’s not a viable solution to your problem, then you’ll just have to make a bunch of adjustments back and forth between 10am and 11am for [I][B]your[/B][/I] London open candle, over the course of your back-test period. I don’t know how far back you want to go with this back-testing, so I’ll just take a guess that 3 years will get you started.

Going back 3 years, here are the dates that affect your back-testing [B](all dates are Sundays):[/B]

Spring 2012

March 11, 2012 — the US began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 11am

March 25, 2012 — the UK began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 10am

Fall 2012

October 28, 2012 — the UK returned to standard time — the London open changed to 11am

November 4, 2012 — the US returned to standard time — the London open changed to 10am

Spring 2013

March 10, 2013 — the US began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 11am

March 31, 2013 — the UK began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 10am

Fall 2013

October 27, 2013 — the UK returned to standard time — the London open changed to 11am

November 3, 2013 — the US returned to standard time — the London open changed to 10am

Spring 2014

March 9, 2014 — the US began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 11am

March 30, 2014 — the UK began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 10am

Fall 2014

October 26, 2014 — the UK returned to standard time — the London open changed to 11am

November 2, 2014 — the US returned to standard time — the London open changed to 10am

Spring 2015

March 8, 2015 — the US began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 11am

March 29, 2015 — the UK began DST — on your platform, the London open changed to 10am

Fall 2015

October 25, 2015 — the UK will return to standard time — the London open will change to 11am

November 1, 2015 — the US will return to standard time — the London open will change to 10am

No doubt, you see the pattern above. So, going forward into 2016, etc., all you will need is the time-change dates for the US and the UK, and the template above.

wow cLINT , Thank youy very much! :57: Very useful information to incorporate on my backtesting. And also I will look for a broker with london server adjustements. Any suggestion?