December...Any brave traders wanna share their trading goals for '20?

Tis the season for goal setting. Does anyone have any unique goals or dreams you’d like to share for the upcoming 2020? Maybe give an aspiring trader something similar to shoot for.

Always remember, everything in life was once a dream to someone, maybe to you personally.

A dream is simply a goal with a deadline.

Greetings, Reno

Hi @43billy

So perhaps I can share my own plan for 2020 and inspire some others to also share their thoughts for the coming year.

A couple of years back I started expanding from pure FX towards commodities and indexes. I started with Crude Oil and that was fine until the trade wars put a lid on prices. Then this year I started with SP500 and that has also been great all year. But I suspect we may be entering some unsettled times with it next year and so I am looking for something new again.

So I have decided next year to try trading what is possibly the oldest currency in the world (outside simply bartering) - Gold.

This is a brand new commodity for me and I want to learn about it as a commodity alongside actually trading it. E.g. its history, industries, production, distribution, markets, and so on.

I am currently pondering whether to open a new thread for this purpose and am exploring some ideas about this.

My new plan is to improve my trading strategies by using the MA 20 and 50. More back testing and use of less indicators which confuses me.

1 Like

Hello @anon46773462, sounds like you have a jam packed ‘20 on the way. Great reading and yes, very inspiring in my opinion. I’ll stick to forex. I’ll be rootin’ for ya.
Thx Reno

1 Like

Hello @dsmart, they often say simple is best. Thank you for sharing.
Thx Reno

trying to perfect the zrrsys indicator to be able to use it in swing trading
the golden triangles are where the money is

1 Like

I have plans to expand my knowledge on trend following. I have been a bit successful in using this method and I want to broaden my view on it while also improving my intuitive skill and psychological trading prowess.

1 Like

Hello @zrrsys at first glance, I thought those were fractals. I use fractals. I don’t think those are fractals. Thank you very much for sharing.
Thx Reno

Well, I believe in goal setting, but I have a very simple goal for next year. I’m kinda hooked on the 1H TF. I could probably do a bit better on the 4H.
Consistency is the other tough one for me. My work has me up at odd hours. My consistency overall could be much better than what it is. I would like to be FT trading within a year.

Thank you all for your input.
Greetings Reno

when i analyze the past data i get only triangles
so i thought why not draw the other half
and as you see the outcome were arrows pointing up or down and diamond shapes
i am currently trying to understand what those shape means
one thing i noticed
whenever a diamond shape appears price go in a long range something like doji

I think Gold is going to be a good play, I think its starting a new phase of a long term bull - maybe even the mania phase.

Basle 3 means now banks can now account for gold as an asset - previously it was a liability.

This is major news although quite unhead of in the msm.

Well gold moves it moves, i had lots of success with it in previous bull moves.

As for goals, only one - keep executing my systems to perfection.

In my experience any type of financial goal in trading is fraught with danger.

Peter Bernstein book about history of Gold is a masterpiece.

Thank you, John, I wasn’t aware of that. :+1:

Yes, Gold is interesting in that it is both a physical commodity and a financial instrument/ pseudo currency. It certainly has its own unique quirks - and… it is somehow heads above the Brexits and Tweets of the common currency! Indeed a noble element :joy:

There was a nice bull run mid-year which has now sloped off since September - but since then we have been creating an interesting formation that is remarkably similar to that formed in the 3/4 months preceding that run up to September.

1 Like