Demo Account or Live Account? Any Comments?

Ya but demo paralysis is a huge problem. Some people never go live due to it. You set a date and then you should go live! DEMOing for 2 years is a total waste of time.

You think that it is better to go live prematurely and lose everything?

okamiraito did you make up your mind yet ?

LOL, if you are new to the market, would advise the demo route for obvious reasons. Sure, it is tempting to go live right away and if you are inexperienced, you’ll lose the lot overnight, believe me, we have all been there and learnt our lesson the hard way.
However, on the time factor, that depends on the individual trader - there’s no set time for dry testing the market, good luck!

its the gamble that tempts newbies … losing money gives them that feeling :32:

I found that live account is what to learn better than demo
I deposit only 250$ and trade 0.01 to test which is much better than demo
What do you think?

Before I start trading real I worked on demo more than 3 months to learn every thing good…!!

Yup! It pays to do the demo and yes, while a few brokers have come up with “lame duck” versions of their real trading platform, it still stands to reason that doing the demo will pay up in the long run.

I agree. When I started learning, trading real money had a psychological effect that simply could not be duplicated in a demo account.

If you have enough money which you want to lose… then yes, going live right away makes some sense…
But I think that demo account + backtesting is much better way to learn fundamentals and get at least basic trading experience.

Actually if you cannot earn money on Demo how can you expect that you can earn in live account? :slight_smile:

The reason I think that Live is better than demo is because of emotional factor is the most important
— I have a friend who always double his account on demo but he always loses money on real account

Starting with small fund live account will train your emotion which is the best option

Emotional factors has direct relation together with the amount you investing with … as koko and others has mentioned just start trading micros inorder to be mentally ready for standards …

Phycology or the “emotion factor” is very important but for a beginner trader most importantly is to understand the Forex market. You need to Play with the MT4 you need to know what your indicators do/are/show and you need to have a solid strategy for every trade you make. If you are comfortable with the above you can then go to a live account, but if not you will definitely end up in the 90% of people that they lose their money in Forex.

Hi Sheryl,

I am sorry for the late reply.

Mejo busy lang po sa work… :D… currently po i am here at middle east…

I think i still need to work on more in demo account… :smiley: is there any organization din po sa pinas for the traders?

Hi Jezzode,

Thanks for the response. I think i am still on the long run for the demo account. I still need to practice more. :smiley:

Hi ForexMnstr,

Thank you for your replies,

I have been so busy these past few days, so i was not able to reply on your post.

Anyway, i am still in the process on familiarizing the trading platform and the upon reading the post in this thread, i met some terminology that is new to me. I think i still need to read more about forex trading.

I know i will have a better understanding with forex trading with your help and with the other people who were replying in this thread. :smiley: