Demo Account - When to open?

I am new to trading and at the Kindergarten stage of the School of Pipsology. At which stage in the course is it recommended to open a demo account? Do I wait till all the lessons are completed? Also any recommendations of brokers to do this with would be appreciated. I am based in the UK. Many thanks!

as a newcomer it is more appropriate to finish pre school level including free demo trading. its a perfect combination , learning and practicing. just great

I opened mine right away - even though I wasn’t able to understand 1/10 of it!!

Hmmm. :thinking: I feel like it would already be a good idea to open a demo account as soon as you get into the lesson on candlesticks? :thinking: Maybe just so that you can actually see them on a chart, and make your own predictions about how the market will move? :smiley: I guess it’d be good to start from there. :smiley:

1 Like

A frequent mistake of many traders is to start directly with an account with real money or start with the demo but move quickly to the real one without practicing enough. This will cause you to be unclear how and when to operate and end up losing your money much faster than you think.
Something you must understand from the beginning is that trading is not a game of chance. It is not about “guessing” by intuition in which direction the market is going to move but it requires training, experience, discipline and effort. With a demo account you will not invest your money from the first moment but you will have to invest your time and be patient.
The most important recommendation for you to learn how to invest correctly with a demo account is that you take the operations you perform as if you were operating in a real account with your own money. Try to forget that the balance of the demo account is virtual and that nothing happens if you lose it. If you would not like to lose your money in a real account then try not to lose it also in demo.

when to open a demo account , its a simple issue , depends on you . ins not compulsory but perfect place for practicing.

I think so too. This is the place where one would want, ideally, to begin practicing what they learn.

How long did you practice on a demo account @mlawson71? :smiley:

i practiced demo account as a newcomer for 3 months , i think its the perfect time for newcomers.

time is not a big deal in trading , the main issue you have focus on or not when trading.

You can open demo account any time, there is no harm in opening a demo as you will loose nothing by doing so but will learn only.
so go for a demo without any doubt

sometimes its difficult to keep patience when trading in demo , so i prefer micro account instead of demo even though sometimes it causes a great risk for beginners.

Open it immediately so you can see what is it.
Even you will not understand anything you will learn by testing and searching.

Reading something and not practicing will be harder to remember. Some thing are easier when you test them right away.

Even you open demo you do not need to use it right away bit you can leave it until you are ready.

Which broker to use I would suggest the ones I am using(check my blog in profile). That is Admiral Markets.

I would say finish pre-school and get in it! Pre-school gives you the basic you need to know to get the first experience of how actual trading looks like. I did the same. Good luck mate!

I think so too!