Demo vs live trading

:sunglasses: :+1:

so u trading live or demo?

On demo you can run ā€˜tick scalpingā€™ strategies to get a fill when there is a price spike that can only last for one tick (price change). On a demo account the price is filled instantly not on live accounts.

1 Like

what platform do u using?

If you ask me then I do not trade demo and do not ā€œtick scalpā€ :smiley:

1 Like

I trade live but only with a small amount :slight_smile:

small is good only step by step)

There obviously is a big difference between demo and live, however if the individual notices a difference is subjective. The only difference i felt was my results were actually tangible, irrespective of the positive or negative outcome.

When i decided to invest in forex i was advised to trade in demo before joining live, the experince in demo was good but live trading was not similar, it just gave me the knowledge on how live trading works.

Demo is intended for practicing trade, we must not forget that we learn through practice. Through demo account, we learn about real account and through the knowledge gained on demo trading we make real money through live account.

Took me weeks before I made money - $1300 on a live account. On demo it was instant.

1 Like

The demo account only allows a trader to get an idea of trading through practice before starting with live trading. The traders who are experienced and can very well calculate their risks can then move forward with live trading.

thats right patron!

Going live is the lesson in psychology that demo canā€™t prepare you for. I personally elected to go live with a balance I could afford to lose but looked after it like it was 10-100x that amount. Needed some fear but the safety net of it not being a death knell if I blew the account. Fortunately, gambling isnā€™t my thing so I am naturally very particular about trades and need to train myself to take risks.

Paper money is good option to test strategy in real timeā€¦ lots of experienced traders using paper money to test their strategies live before load cash into the strategyā€¦ :top:

Thats right big difference especially in behavior :heavy_check_mark:

Demo vs Live is completely different, although it shouldnā€™t be - sadly psychology takes over with a live account (concerns about being wrong and losing ā€˜realā€™ money), whereas on demo you donā€™t have the same psychological battle as essentially itā€™s ā€˜freeā€™ money.

The best thing I did, I moved to a small (Ā£200) real trading account, keeping my risk management in check, and it allowed me to adapt to the psychological element which you donā€™t experience in a demo.

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face:thats good disicion to trade small money

Definitely, I think itā€™s how people should begin/learn - also change your psychology when trading a small real money account, rather than taking ā€˜lossesā€™, youā€™re learning lessons - and in reality for a very small price.

Imagine the knowledge you could gain from Ā£200 in losses, compared to buying that gurus course from instagram :slight_smile:

1 Like