Demo vs. live

To see the performance how it works we always test high leverage and strategies in demo account. but my question is the experience we got from demo it works really when trading in a real account?

Surely you would use demo to replicate as closely as possible, your expectations of a Real trade ? - Else what is the point ?

We had to practice more in demo account atleast three to four month to grab Forex business basics. As long as we are learning in demo account it will give us better knowledge and experience and we will be able to achieve maximum pips from risky Forex market.

You will keep hearing that demo is just like real and we should trade in demo before real trading. The fact is that demo will not teach you emotions and discipline that can only be achieved by trading in real account.

@Qasim_swl
Actually , that statement is very false.

THE FACT ISā€¦ (and donā€™t take this personally, ok)
butā€¦ PEOPLE WHO JUMP ON DEMO AND DONā€™T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, and then Jump on a Live account are ALWAYS off the opinion that DEMO CANā€™T TEACH YOU ANYTHING
(Clearly this is what happened to you)

and then you all end up saying that DEMO CANā€™T TEACH YOU EMOTIONS
oh BS

Noā€¦ What happened here was
YOU LACK THE ABILITY TO DEMO TRADING REAL IN YOUR MIND
and therefore conclude (incorrectly) that Demo canā€™t teach you emotions

well mate, I beg to differ
Demo is a very powerful tool IF YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IT

and if you lose on Demo and you tell yourself ITā€™S REAL MONEY, YOU WILL FEEL ITā€¦ Trust me

but if you tell yourselfā€¦ OH ITā€™S JUST DEMO, ITā€™ DOESNā€™T MATTER
then,ā€¦ youā€™ll end up with the conclusion that you came to

but, you cannot come out and make a blanket statement like ā€œDemo Canā€™t teach you emotions or Disciplineā€

FACT ISā€¦ You lacked Discipline while on demo

so. Make a clear distinction between the two sides of the coin ok
because Demo is a very powerful resource if one uses it correctly

Exactly , this is a common thing mostly traders donā€™t believe, of course there is no way to deny the importance of demo for practicing but what actually emotions when trading you can feel only in real account , otherwise not. Thatā€™s why for the newcomers, sometimes I prefer micro account instead of demo for acquiring live trading experience.

Sounds good but not educative message. I am not ignoring your point about emotions. But I think without practicing demo account, this approach can make emotional beginners very much. Because they never practice trading before real account. So there is no real chance to control emotion if anyone kicks off micro account devoid of practicing demo.

Sorry peter, you missed my point. Of course there is a chance to make beginners emotional by real account if there is large deposit. But I have said micro account where is no chance to trade with big lot size.

I think everyone should demo first 100% before moving on to real money.
Then use small stakes as emotion comes in to play with real money.

Emotions we canā€™t avoid at any places demo or live. But if we trade with emotions in real account it could be dangerous. Thatā€™s why it is more appropriate to use demo account before live trading to make sure how to manage emotions. On the other hand, the experience we acquired from demo not works in a live account. So, itā€™s really a complicated issue.

Sorry chris , not agree. Itā€™s not at all a complicated issue. We make it complicate. There is no different between demo or real. Different is just psychology , nothing without it.

@Chris_Lynn
itā€™s not really that complicated mate,
we as people make it complicated.

if you just simplify the matter things would be ok.

there really is only one issue that drives all these conversations of emotions in forex
and that isā€¦
When you earn money you develop an emotional connection to it because YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT,
thatā€™s it

what you have to dd, when trading, isā€¦
forget how hard you worked for it
because if you do that you will not anticipate pain in you lose

itā€™s really one problem
disconnect emotions from money thatā€™s it

Thank you Martin for nice reply. Hope it will continue.

good luck with it, itā€™s worth investing time on

1 Like

We generally like to advice for beginners to trade demo first of all before entering live account. But when our own trading we donā€™t trade seriously in demo. Itā€™s a reality. Easy to provide advice but hard to use practically.

You will not get away from the emotional part of trading. The best you can do is make it your friend. Forget the Demo, trade live with a few hundred bucks until you get profitable. As you get better you can add more to your emotional pile and grow.

Demo account is very helpful in learning and improving trading skills so first of all we should spent three months in demo account it will lead us to understand the basics of Forex trading so after we get positive result from demo account we can switch to live account which involves real money.

to keep things short, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE lol Iā€™ve seen a lot of ish in my 27 years lol and trust me, you can succeed in trading with or without a demo account. Itā€™s all up to the individual. As long as you have a strong desire to be successful & profitable at it? then nothing can stop youā€¦not your emotionsā€¦not other people telling you you canā€™tā€¦nothing! Just keep going til you figure it out

1 Like

Demo trading is simply to know how the trading component functions. Step by step instructions to open and close a trade. The most effective method to utilize MT4 for trading. Be that as it may, the genuine learning starts when you begin to trade with genuine cash. Trading with genuine cash includes feelings that reason a large portion of the mix-up. You can likewise utilize demo to test your trading methodology.

Both accounts are different from each other first we had to spend time in demo account it will help us to get more knowledge and experience so in real account we will be able to trade properly and risk will be in control and profit will be maximized.