Demo vs. live

no… speculation is more likely to be a binary options…

@peterma
Psychology FYI

You Assume Correctly :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

I can assure my knickers are completely knot free

if that’s the case then … good

i know that
but the question was… did you know it.

yeahhhh…
you wanna watch that adrenaline , it’ll make you take silly trades that you don’t want.
don’t get addicted to trading
make it a means to make money, nothing more

no problem mate and then you can come over for a cup of coffee
and mate… Unless you want to get your arse kicked
THE ACCEPTABLE SPELLING
STRAYA
AUSTRALIA
AUSSIE
OZZIE

anything else… You’re in Trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, one is thinking, the other studying seaweed.

That’s the discourse auto speller, it cannot figure the diff :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a complicated issue when it is compared between demo and micro for the beginner’s level. Real account can make newcomers greedy and emotional, its true but there is a possibility to ensure live trading experience which can be supportive for future trading. On the other hand in demo there is no real money, that’s why we newcomers lost interest from here after passing sometimes.

Sometime beginner they become over confident after they start trading on real account and able making profit, they thinking easy to make growing money on trading without loss, and many story over confidence will leading to greedy and almost trader fail if they greed

@bearish
How is your own trading going, you don’t seem to mention it much

Better to trade on a live account. And on the demo only to study the work of the terminal. You can’t become a professional without earning and losing your money. Therefore, only a living account, only reality (rigid and pragmatic).

Now I am trading on live account, but still using small capital not like as profesional trader that already start with huge capital, long time experience on trading real account hence about profit and loss is general matter and I think all business also worth profit and loss

I think in live trading capital is not a big deal; the main issue is how to survive with knowledge and experience. A large capital can be useless if there is no exact trading plan with money management. So, it is more appropriate to emphasis on trading knowledge than trading capital.

There is nobody who can predict the real faction of this market with certainly , for that reason we can’t avoid the importance of sufficient balance at all.

You missed my easy point, I didn’t ignore the importance of large capital just tried to ensure without good knowledge and experience at any amount can be useless, because there is nothing 100% in Fx market.

Thank you for nice post, in demo we can’t concentrate because there is no real money and no risk , for that reason the experience we took from demo works not in real account. That’s why sometimes I prefer real account for the beginners level for live trading experience but of course after finishing preschool level and with little amount.

so… No REAL Money
and… No RISK
REALLY ???

so… when you do a first aid course and you practice CPR on a Dummy ,
DO YOU THINK I’TS NOT REAL ?

Do you not understand that if you don’t get the right rate of Compressions to Breaths. do you not understand that there is a HIGH RISK of you killing someone or … Not Reviving them

and likewise …
Do you not understand that if you don’t take demo seriously… you are GREATLY INCREASING your chances of loss when it’s real

if you increase your chances or Loss , you are effectively INCREASING YOUR RISK… so don’t tell me there is no risk
and by increasing your chance of loss and increasing the risk, YOU ARE GUARANTEEING THE LOSS OF REAL MONEY

can you really not see that

I’m in Telecommunications,
we have a Gas Tester that we use through a small hole before we enter Telecommunications pits. the tester is around the size of an Ipod.
it looks like a toy, but IF YOU DON’T TAKE THE TEST SERIOUSLY, you could very seriously open a pit that contains explosive gas when it comes into contact with air

you would then open the pit and Bang… there goes your face

THIS IS A REAL RISK
and the Gas Tester is like a DEMO ACCOUNT

you send the Tube into the pit to test for the presence of explosive gas BEFORE IT BECOMES REAL TO YOU

in trading
You use a Demo account to familiarize yourself with the environment you are going to trade in

You use a Demo to prepare you and to minimize the risk as much as possible so that you don’t lose real money

the bottom line is
if you look at the gas tester as a toy… YOU FACE WILL, FOR REAL… BE BLOWN OFF
and if you look at Demo as a game, as NOT REAL…
YOUR ACCOUNT WILL… FOR REAL… BE BLOWN UP

if you don’t learn this lesson you will lose your money

now… if you think i’m being too graphic , wait until you deposit a sum of money that matters to you and then , it’s all gone. at this time you will understand graphic.

If anyone can go through preschool level, I think he is more appropriate to kick off a micro account; demo is good for practicing but not inevitable part before live account. I just use demo account to see the broker’s performance, nothing without it.

Its okay . Thank you for reply with great detail. Great

1 Like

Yes, sure. Of course it depends of broker but often they use scripts that show you are winner