Determining my trade bias

Has a free Demo version… MT4. It eliminates some of the lagging of normal MA’s…

1 Like

Wheres the demo I can download. I might even try ctrader.

Trends, while this is certainly a good indicator, it does overshoot price quite a bit. The gold standard of MAs is the Jurik Moving Average (JMA). It’s a proprietary commercial product but I found the code for it on Trading View. Code it up on CTrader if you’re inclined to do so. Another very good MA is the T3 Tilson MA, which I think is probably the best free ma out there. I’ve programmed it in my system.

1 Like

JMA and T3 Tilson indicators were the basis (code) for the XLV4 Indicator on my Befuddled thread…

I have the developed the Time Series Forecasting into a far more accurate and predictive strategy than displayed in the chart above… It will never see the light of day in any forum…

I just programmed the JMA into my system. This MA is da bomb! It hugs price without overshooting it and changes direction on a dime. I’m going to use it in the RSI and see how it behaves.

2 Likes

Thank you sir

You’re most welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great explanation, Trends. Much appreciated.

1 Like

It would depend upon your trading style and the currency pairs that you would be trading. However, you can use market structure and price action principles as a base for a general framework for your timeframe.

Firstly as a beginner I would recommend sticking with the major USD pairs. To determine your bias you want to see clear USD strength or weakness. Preferably the same on both daily chart and intraday (hourly) chart. As a guide something like a simple moving average or the Kumo Cloud could help if you need an indicator. Just use such indicator to check trend.
Once you know if you want to buy USD or sell USD then look for the best pair. Always enter the market near to support or resistance. And have stop loss on opposite side of support or resistance.
I personally use trend lines as support and resistance. But you can try other popular methods.

1 Like

Higher time frame tells us the possible direction of the day. Then in lower time frame like 15Min or H1 you need candle confirmation to support the direction. Suppose Higher TF says it’s going to up and you take a trade in lower time frame for sale, possibility is huge that u will end up losing.

Why candle conformation?

Actually it depends on your trading strategy. In price action, candles always speaks. If you know how to read candles, it tells a lot of price direction. Candles formation and the way price moves tells in which way price is going to head of you know how to read candle and price.

1 Like

Pls I’m a bigginer
Can someone please help me out?

So the aim of analyzing the higher TF is to understand the overall structure of the market if market is either trending up or down. After you’ve gotten the understanding of the higher TF for example price is trending to upside in the higher TF then you narrow down to the lower TF to look for entries based on the direction of the higher TF… You don’t want to be trading against the trend… Hope this is helpful mate

2 Likes

Please I’m a begginer
Can someone please help me out?

@kuntyjr
Help you out on what?
You need be specific with what you truly want.

Which way did you come in?

1 Like

@Kuntyjr hat types of help you need? You have to be more specific. By this way you will not get help nor you will be able learn. If you are totally newbie first try to learn the basics. You can start from Babypips school.

Thanks so much brother