Deutsche Bank raided in Franfurt Germany

I have no doubt that banks are involved in money laundering directly or indirectly. The Panama Papers have revealed a lot of things about people. There should be criminal investigation against such people. Money laundering is a severe crime and should be punished accordingly.

That didn’t take long.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-said-probe-deutsche-bank-050000441.html

And then the big money jumps in to save the day, maybe. We’ll need to see what kind of exposure DB has to the Danske money laundering, but it looks like the Qatar Investment Authority isn’t worried about it that much.

Good read on what a sovereign wealth fund is. You learn something every day!

1 Like

There is no doubt that banks are a big reason that so much crimes are being committed in the world. Do you think that it is possible for a war being going on in the Middle East without the banks? They are laundering the money of the rich and are getting away with it.

1 Like

And no bueno on the merger talks with Commerz Bank

Let’s see if the profitability can be sustained.

I don’t know how this all can relate to something like I know, but I know that that bank really take part as a correspondent bank for USD and EUR to a lot of third world countries like Ukraine, Russia and many other similar countries, so it’s probably something here with that.