Did the Royal Wedding do anything for you?

Helloooo! :smiley:

I know I’m a day late. :sweat_smile: But I’m just curious about how the recent royal wedding affected you and your trades (if it even did). :thinking: Royal weddings usually boost spending so hmm. :thinking: Did you guys consider this in your trades? :smiley:

Ria, the wedding will have zero impact on UK fundamentals.

But in answer to the thread title - yes - very much so.

The guest list included some very special people including Suhani Jalota.

There were others too, a certain Michael Curry - listen to 2 mins that can change much:

1 Like

I thought it was skilful and fascinating TV.

Bishop Curry bigged his own part up like a ham.

1 Like

Lol - I was dragged down to “the club” by SWMBO - “I’m puttin’ a frock on - so you’re wearin’ your regalia !” :unamused:

So There We are suited an’ booted - 9am - breakfast Cobs - bacon and eggs “do you want butter on your Cob ?”

Bar opened 8;30am and complimentary Bucks Fizz to start ! (Bar prices at the boat club are Very reasonable :slight_smile: )

Choose a table near the telly and near one of the exits so I can escape for a bit when the boredom gets too intense.

So there we are about 60 of us maybe, 120" Tv or thereabouts and sound through the disco amps. - But still the old biddies heckling about “our Ethel’s dress was Better than that” managed to drown it out for most of the time !

There was a huge round of cheering and applause when that geezer finally gave up spouting !

Lovely bits of camera work - catching thos who were dozing off, the rolling eyes and the sulkiness of “Posh” throughout - lots of laughs ! - then we get that "hugely talented " lad with the big fiddle - going on and on !

At one stage, having nipped outside for a Fag, I heard one woman saying to another - “Well as there’s no direct line to the throne - They don’t mind !” - I thought "I didn’t know that ! - but you just went up in my estimation lady ! "

1:30 pm and it’s “Cream tea” time - ham and tomato, egg and cress, cheese and onion sarnies with salad, then the proper bit with the scones, cream and jam and fresh strawberries. After that and a we bit natter with some, we got changed and came back for "the Cup Final " - Neither of us knew who was playing, so we chose to support MU - Bum move !

And at half time, Home made Steak and kidney pie, chips and peas with home made gravy - Damn good and then they have “over cooked” so we got seconds ! Bloody good pie though !

I wasn’t in the slightest interested in any of it prior, but all in all - turned into a decent day out - and spent about £40 - in total with all the food, waitress service and drinks all day !

Not sure that is going to do wonders for GB Balance of Trade or anything, but did ok for “Club Funds” and a pleasant enough way to spend a Saturday !

1 Like

Oh! :open_mouth: Thanks for clarifying @peterma! :sweat_smile: I really have a long way to go and a lot more to understand. :sweat_smile: Hahaha.

Ooooh yeah. :blush: It’s nice to see these people in a grand event like this! :smiley:

Yeah! :blush: Something unexpected that made the event more memorable. :stuck_out_tongue: As they said in an article I read, he “blew the place open.” :smiley:

Hahaha! :smiley: I had to look up the meaning of “SWMBO.” That’s cute. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha.

You always have these fun stories! :joy: I’m just glad it was a pleasant day for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For life new and unique events had influence. Royal wedding was an iconic event I waited . I watch it and read stories about it. I feel good that I spend a time apart from my daily routine. It did not give me any benefit I did my trading on my style . Royal wedding was an entertainment for people and a big event for lovers of palace.

It is a great news and I want to congratulate prince and queen on becoming a pair. I have heard a news yesterday that PIA invited them on a tour to the Northern Areas of Pakistan. I think these are great moments for the Scottishs!

How times change - Barely 2 years on and many of us in the UK are fermenting an underlying anger that Harry seems to be being manipulated into betraying his real “self” by a woman we no longer respect in any way.

In honesty - I really don’t think he has the slightest idea “WHAT” the hell is going on and his recent “Video appearances” seem to indicate a man who is entirely dominated by his spouse and complies with her every dictate.

However - people are just people and we are ALL DIFFERENT and he has had every advantage in the past by way of “Education” etc. It’s just a shame that what our grand parents knew as a “Hen-pecked husband” has never been educated in what to expect from people on the “Real World” and more to the point - on how to protect himself from falling victim in such a dangerous age.

I forecast that the divorce when it comes - will be instigated by Meghan and since she has now taken him to California - the “settlement” will be pretty advantageous to her.

Let’s hear what the Royal Author - Lady Colin Campbell has to say in an interview with the “Anti-Royal” Julia Hartley Brewer - (Only 5 minutes);

[Edit - However - many, many men go through this and it is up to Harry - to “Grow a Pair” and really permit her to “Access his true feelings and emotions” ! We all know that will cost him his child - at least in the short-term, but hey - this is a “Lose - Lose” situation for him in any case (IMO) whatever he does - so I say “Walk away now and regain your SELF - Respect Harry” - You can get decent access at the moment - and keep an eye on your baby, to make sure no abuse takes place - do it Now - delay will only make matters worse and weaken your position even further ]

1 Like

I don’t ever read or listen to what the Royal Family have to say about my life - I don’t accept they have the right to tell me how to behave and to be fair, the majority of them have the good grace to keep their opinions to themselves and leave me to get on with it.

But I hear Harry and Meghan are telling people what to think and how to behave. Even if I agreed with them, I don’t need them to tell me.

What a sad debacle we are watching unfold ! _ I don’t like Piers Morgan - but he was right !

ANd Coach Greg Adams has been watching this unfold from the start as a lesson for “men” - and it is unfolding classically

Here is his take on this part ie the “confessions of Victimhood” by the abused little black woman !

If you are a young man and you don’t see what is happenning - do yourself a favour and watch this

How times change AND

This geezer says it out loud “James Hewitt’s face” - (check it out for yourself !)

follow link :wink:
“I Demand Privacy...... From Meghan and Harry! - YouTube”