Did you know Forex Facts

I was going through the broker section (i am new and trying to find a trustfull broker but one that will let me have tiny accounts :-)) and i was reading about companies with years and years of experience… so a question poped into my mind…
When did Forex trading started and which was the first companie- the pioneers?
i’d really like to know some interesting “did you know?” facts about forex :45:

Here are some facts about retail forex as we know it.
ForexCT - ForexCT Forex Trading

Found this “funny” facts online… but to tell you the truth, it is hard to find any information on forex not related to charts and brokers waaaaaay too serious

• GBPUSD is known as cable . This is because before global satellites and fibre optics – the London and New York stock exchanges were connected using a giant steel cable under the Atlantic.

*Optimistic traders are known as bulls, whereas downbeat ones are called bears. This (supposedly) derives from how each animal attacks, in that a bull strikes upward while a bear swipes downward.

Cool facts! Its good to know these kinda stuff besides cracking our brain to find the best entries to trade. Nice.

Off topic but…Anyone heard of these? platinum investments called me offering a 3grand package. Basically sending me signals with there new and exclusive algorithm matrix! Wowww haha. Anyhow there CEO is a guy named nirav shah, seem like he’s done a fair share of trading. However delving deeper, he used to be a CEO off ccm investments…which is no where to be seen? My thoughts are still the same…if it was that good why teach? I would be on the golf course or a yacht in the Bahamas, thinking how to spend my mashooove wealth :flushed:. Interesting to hear feedback :slight_smile:

yeh you’ve got to wonder don’t you ,lots of these people around ,you don’t need to pay for anything ,I’ve always thought that.

It’s not off-topic…It’s called "did you know that in forex 99% of brokers/account managers/traders are trying to trick or scam you?! It’s like the survival of the fittest :smiley: ohh and ALSO it’s a fact that those hot chicks on the Internet selling you forex signals are MEN! hahah I keep saying this to my boyfriend, but noooo… haahaa-kidding

Correct, I had a friend who spoke to a few companies, they all offered the same thing, the same way. Some of them kept calling and calling even when my friend said that he no longer interested in their service.

[QUOTE=“Maxlaw;657671”] Correct, I had a friend who spoke to a few companies, they all offered the same thing, the same way. Some of them kept calling and calling even when my friend said that he no longer interested in their service.[/QUOTE]

I bought the system…well actually it’s just a system. It’s training, signals and system. I’ve had it around 2months. Shakey start but so far so good. I’m around 400 pips up. There lta is excellent. 9 trades last week 7 came in. Unfortunately for me I’m a little to regimental with my orders, so missed out. Keep you posted :slight_smile:

Hahaha funny but true!

Never use a blackbox or signal system. Trade your own methodology.

I agree with you, but why not, would you say.

According to statistics, if the trading method has an accuracy of 60%, then 13% of the cases, it will have four profitable deal. And according to it, only 5% of traders are trading on the stock exchange after its first failure.

Hi,
May I ask whether you still use their system? I am thinking of buying a course and membership from them. It would be great to know your experience.
Thanks,

I remember when I only started trading, I couldn’t memorize the difference beween the bullish and bearish trends. So I thought of this association: bulls gore from bottom to top and bears swat from top to bottom with their paw. Later it turned out that many people use this association)))

Yes, that’s right, it took time for me to memorise bullish and bearish trends as well. And I couldn’t sort out who the kiwi were)