Discussion On Stop Order Strategy

By the way Marty Shwartz used the Simple Stochastic and the 10 period Moving Average as tools to make money. Adieu.

hi PK I will have to look into the backtesting approach and see how i can approach using the Monte Carol and Gamma distribution in back testing “any books or links on testing approach would be appreciated from anyone” I have not touched on that personally although i did meet a stats maths professor recently who did mention Monte Carol , standard deviation and the bell curve in conversation , i will look through the Schwartz book and come back to this thread with some feedback to everyone thanks all & PK.

Meta - Sorry it is Monte Carlo. Unfortunately I do not have any references. I learnt the techniques at Uni. Please find attached a trading opportunity in the GBPUSD that has been identified using the above material. I have attached a pdf file with two histograms with different lookback periods of 1304 days and a shorter 500 days. The gamma distribution of the GBP is obvious. Please observe the current price on both histograms. I reckon that we will soon see a sharp move back to the 1.5753 price.

What a sad ending to what I thought to be a great start. I would definitely say after reading the books and other stuffs mentioned I do start to see things in a different way. I am determined to learn, if not here then somewhere else, the journey continues

I have had a look at the attached histogram and will be comming back with some comments as I want to provide some constructive feedback thanks