Divergence trading - avoiding false signals

I’ve been tracking my trades and have an overall 65% success ratio for the past 2 weeks and I’m able to cut my losses short most of the time.

The kicker is when I decided to document whether it’s a hidden or classical divergence:

When I took a trade based on classical divergence on average I lost money and was right 50% of the time.

When I took a trade based on hidden divergence I was right 80% of the time and made pips.

It’s too early to tell but it makes sense, combined with trend lines it’S logical tofollow the trend and not go against it. It’s also very hard to pick tops and bottoms but odds are if you follow the trend you’ll be more profitable more often.

:37:

Indeed, since in fact the setup we have is a pull back so we could either reenter the bullish trend or enter fresh at a most comfortable and secure level. School is right all the way. In fact divergences are the only sane trades I can think of in this wild wild world of forex. Babypips very nice indeed - will be writing a song on it in my next album (for real).

Takre

i made a recent discovery that when divergence hit on with news, the trend will change in accord to the news. it seems to me that news had a greater impact rather than technical divergence.

I filter with my volume analysis. :slight_smile: I use my RSI differently. I gain 19% with divergence scalping. :cool:

a doubt about divergence that made me scratch head for the past few days. say if you have a divergence signalling you to buy, of course you will enter into the trade and buy.
but if the above particular signal from the chart is neither a divergence to buy or sell, will you enter and sell instead?
advice needed - many thanks!:60:

anyone can do a manual backtesting with my custom-made indicator?

Just spot Divergence with the my indicator and check the lime color if it’s above the frisbee. it’s confirmed bearish.

strong bearish divergence signal when my MA have crossover first before the divergence.

it’s a frisbee catcher who seek for frisbee. :slight_smile:

kinda help me to backtest it please.

Frisbee Oscillator Alpha Test.zip (5.23 KB)

scalper in 1MIN TF?

S/R is really hard to identify for me. >.<

when you take the trade senior? catching a tops/bottoms or a pullback of new trends?

It’s seems that I need to go higher timeframe to avoid bad trades. >.<

Hello Sirs/Ms/Mdm,
The last thread was dated back in yr 2013, hopefully there are someones still feeling happy to give me a helping hands.

I gone thru the divergence topics in bbpips about 2 weeks ago and all the while I was, sorry to say, seriously confused about the first spot to draw down the lines of the divergences.

You see, to me a newbie, the Regular Bullish Reversal Divergence (price LL, oscillator HL) has the same pattern as the Hidden Bearish Continuation Divergence (price LH, oscillator HH). Then… ???

The same goes to the Regular Bearish Reversal Divergence (price HH, oscillator LH) and the Hidden Bullish Continuation (price HL, oscillator LL). OMG, now which is which ?

My problem here is: where shall I draw the 1st spot of lines ? Lead by price action (Tops/Bottoms) first ? or go first with oscillator (Tops/Bottoms)?
I supposed once the first line is determined, the second line would be easier, right?

Can someone please help me to clarify my doubts?

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,