Do you always have slippage issue while placing the order?

ok i will try using this strategy

Not always. Only when I get a different price than expected on an entry or exit from a trade. To avoid it, you can use limit orders instead of market orders.

1 Like

Nice technique let me try it on my demo trades first.

Good technique there. Since how long have you been practicing that?

1 Like

i tried it yesterday and it literally helped me

Not always, but I tend to set the limit order so lately I haven’t face anything like that

1 Like

Not always! There are various suggestions to place limit orders, which is great. For market orders, choose a broker with good execution and deep liquidity.

yes, i have seen the chagnges in my trades now with the above suggestions. really helped.

I started trading with a broker who in the name of great execution watched orders and called levels while executing market orders on my behalf. When I understood trading better, I realized I missed on to some great opportunities.

1 Like

That’s why selecting a reliable broker is important. Good brokers like turnkey forex and avatrade offer a volume option on their charts. A trader can easily analyze the market liquidity with the bars on the volume chart.

1 Like

Is there any relation between the currency pairs liquidity and the spread?

1 Like

Say for example the economic news can easily result in making the currency pair go strong or weak, which in turn affects the spread. In case the market is volatile, currency pairs can cause gapping or become less liquid. The spread will then widen.

1 Like

You must choose a reliable broker. But I don’t think any broker can do so without you giving them the access to trade on your behalf. Did you complaint about it then?

1 Like

Slippage normally occurs when the volatility is high. Volatility comes from any major event or announcement so always read the news and keep a track of all the events

Apply stop loss and limit orders to your positions to avoid slippage.

Positive slippage is good. With limit orders, you can have positive slippage, meaning that your trade will be at a better price than your order.

Slippage is more likely to occur in the forex market when volatility is high, perhaps due to news events, or during times when the currency pair is trading outside peak market hours.

Not at all. It depends and varies from broker to broker. Choose for yourself a broker with decent liquidity providers. There are slight chances of facing this issue with a broker who has high liquidity.

Bit late to the party here - I suggest trying TradeProofer’s EA. It doesn’t trade, but it will measure your slippage, so it’s easy to see if your trade execution is an ‘outlier’ against the general market bid / ask. Tradeproofer have a pretty neat after trade report, which scalpers can also use for entry analysis / profit decay.

In addition to al that is said above, check whether your chart shows bid or ask price. It usually shows sell price, so when you buy the asset with the market order, you get a worse price than what is shown on the streaming chart. If every trade of yours gets the slippage - that might be the case.