Do you guys buy videos/indicators from TopDog Trading?

My friend wants me to chip in to get his course:
stock market trading and forex trading strategy - About Me

He is trading in futures and stuffs. I am doing forex (of course!!).

Frankly, I am not so keen on buying the course. I can even download ebooks on Forex over the internet, so many stuffs are for free (of course u need to filter out and know what you want to read - also alot of junk too).

Please tell me how I should handle my friends’ request

Well just looking from the website it looks shotty at hell. The guys pic is constrained weird and the graphics are pixelated.

To me, the place looks like a scam or will provide really crappy advice. I’d steer away from it.

yes, how do i tell my friend? I don’t want to be harsh and hurt his feelings

if you look into his strategies he promotes he teaches

*  TREND gives us the direction of the market
* MOMENTUM gives us the strength of the trend
* CYCLES give us the timing for a change in energy
* SUPPORT and RESISTANCE levels are barriers to energy.
* FRACTALS are forces of energy at work on different scales.

all of these things can be learnt FREE online

so why would you pay

paying for this is a lazy way of learning when all you have to do is google it

okay~ understood, ~ :slight_smile:

You can learn those things free online off course, how to put them together in very profitable strategy that is the question. This guy shows you how to trade wall with all 5 energies. His course for me is the best course I ever had and I had track load of them. Hi provides in his course 1 & 2 very good videos about trading Psychology, MM, trailing stops. Ones you get this in your mind and start trade his rules and follow strategy you will find that you are already profitable trader. This guy is really good and his course not a scam. Sorry for bad English, English is my second language :slight_smile:
Best regards

What are the chances you are “this guy”?
Otherwise, why the hell dig up an almost two year old thread with recycled information that has a fee attached?

Give us a break…

Sorry mate I live in Australia and originally I’m from Bosnia and I cannot be that guy, but I like his courses and since I star use his methodology at least I don’t loos money anymore, literary I use his methodology last 2 months , still learning all those things. In fact any methodology out there is good but people just have to stick with it and that’s all. Spend some time go through it and you will see difference.

Good luck mate

I don’t know who is who, but I’ve seen topdog trading “supporters” pop up in all kinds of threads and forums on various sites including forexpeacearmy. I went through two courses and paid $400+ and some more for a news video subscription to live trading and commentary. Then I later quit as I saw he never made any real winners live, (in fact many stop outs which he called “scratches”) and all the pointed out trades were after the fact. Plus the ‘energies’ hardly ever have a clear trade, and when they do it’s still 50/50. And the “energies” are just names for trend, a couple of indicators, time frame, and what not. I don’t like the term “fractals” referring to different time frames when it should be referring to fractal arrows as you see on MT4. Ok, it’s not a scam. You get some education. But I realized it’s mostly stuff borrowed from elsewhere and just a mishmash and overall the “method” doesn’t give a real edge. There are free manual trading systems that are much better and you learn the same basic stuff for free like for example on the babypips school web pages. You could just as easily download a free demo MT4 setup and put down a few indicator objects , watch a couple of free tutorials on setting it up and get pretty much the same basic setup as topdog for $0.00 I don’t believe the author makes a living trading and like many others makes money from the sales and subscriptions. How do I know? Because I’ve seen real pro traders really win 20+ pips live on other webinars like magic, even though I haven’t been able to get to that level. And I see now the topdog website keeps promoting new methods and packages.

Generally the narrower and longer the web page, the more likely it is a scam. Also if they charge a fee, it is a scam.

QED

Doesn’t worth to discuss about this methodology, someone like someone not. I like

I’ve been a disciple of Top Dog Trading for around 7 years and I sang his praises up until he most recently screwed me on his indicator package. It’s a story worth telling.

I bought Top Dogs Custom indicators for Ninja Trading Platforms in 2013. At the time I bought it the deal was a life time license. About 6 months ago I bought a scanner package from them and it wouldn’t work. I worked with his tech team for hours before asking for a refund, which he promptly gave me.
But now my older computer crashed and I need him to authenticate my indicators again and he has blocked me from his websites and set up his email to return my emails. I used a different email and it took him a day to do it but then he shot that down as well. There is no phone number to contact him so it looks like He got the mine and I got the shaft.

Should you do business with him ??? I still think his products are good but he has a very [B]low threshold to honesty[/B]. Your call.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for adding your experience to this thread.

(Good to see a “review comment” from a first-time poster which clearly [U]isn’t[/U] posted by the vendor, under an assumed name, trying to defend himself against negative comments! :cool: ).

It’s bizarre, isn’t it, that vendors with what might be good products can choose to behave like this, knowing that they’re simply going to alienate a customer and are so obviously running the risk of adverse comments on the web?! It just makes [B][U]no[/U][/B] sense to me why people would want to be in business, if that’s how they’re going to run their business …

I checked the website and honestly it looks a bit suspicious. The products might be really good but if he shut down a loyal client like that then it’s not worth it. You cannot run a business like that. Besides there are so many posts, videos, online books and even schools like the Babypips school that can help you. You will not need to wonder if you are wasting your money on suspicious “packages” and “mentors”.

I can see why people are a little bit nervous about his teaching, I agree, his website and the way he handles courses on multiple domains could be changed. but,
I bought these curses from him :
foundation course 1 and 2
fibonachhi
and the advanced course

although when he talks about trend, momentum and other stuff, he makes it look simple and nothing special, you should know that :
1- he uses pretty much standard indicators but, he changes the values drastically
2- it’s not about the numbers he set on those indicators, his methodology has step by step, what to look for, when to get in and when to get out of markets system, that works at least 90% of the times (i am using his system in cryptocurrency markets and their high volatility reduces around 5% of that success ratio)

his fibo course, well, there is nothing really special there but still i learn one or two things from it

his advanced course, if you are working on forex, futures, or markets like that, that course has more things to offer, but for me, working in crypto currency markets, some of those videos had nothing for me, yet, there was some stuff that using them cause a better success chance when i was working with his foundation course system, you see, using the foundation course alone, sometimes i was not sure about the position i was getting myself, but using the knowledge he gave in the advanced course, these days i am almost 80-90 % sure of the position i am taking and the little uncertainty remaining, would be solved using a tightly placed stoploss.
I highly recommend at least foundation courses combined with his advanced course. keep in mind, his methodology is tight and needs time and practice to make it become part of your brain process.

to give you a taste of what i am working with these days, take a look at this screen shot from my swing charts (i also use the same setup with different timing for day trading) :

https://www.tradingview.com/x/0FWnJEx3/

to be honest I don’t know the deal with his indicators, because I know how to use the scripting language on trading view website and that is the platform i use for the analysis, so, i sat down and wrote my own indicators, it lacks few things from his version (like wave counting) but that is the only part lacking, the rest is there

as you see, i even added the ichimoko’s cloud to get extra levels for support resistance :
https://www.tradingview.com/x/CTj2ZpZB/

but that doesn’t mean his methodology is bad or his website is scam. as someone already mentioned methodology is some what personal matter, some like it some not, but again, that doesn’t mean his site is scam, far from it.

In my opinion, if this person is charging, it is a scam.

The Ever Opinionated VIPER

He has a YouTube Channel which has very informative videos on following Smart Money by trading the S & R zones.

Plenty of FREE information here… Objective Approach To Trading

Like a lot of systems demonstrated on YouTube for FREE. If you follow them correctly and are disciplined they will work to some degree. It’s the follow correctly and discipline where it all comes off the rails for newbies…
Not everyone with a Trading Website is out to Scam you, but if you carefully sift through YouTube there is unlimited FREE Information to be found on a great many Indicators, Strategies…etc.

I agree but as a person who followed his you tube channel first then watched the courses, i can say that there are things at least in foundation course 1 and 2 that he does not mention in those free videos (naturally) right now i am at the middle of his advanced course, unfortunately, so far only 4 videos was useful for me simply because some of those videos are focused on non crypto currency markets. but even those 4 videos became a money saving for me. all in all, i think it comes to a personal level to see if you want to invest money on some course or not, but i can say at least this : compared to many available online courses, his is worth it and has more practical usage !!!

Hi Everyone, I have been using his methodology for a year now. Only downside is that he does not have a trade room. If any one would like to connect with me, message me.