Do You Listen To Music While Trading? If Yes, Why?

I think it largely depends on the music. If it’s something non-enganging, it essentially becomes white noise, and white noise has been known to improve focus.

2 Likes

Yes, I totally understand what you mean. I think that you kinda have to control yourself, your feelings and yeah, just understand if the music helps or not. Just like you did, and me, and probably everyone talking in this topic ahah the truth is there are people who will always end up trading with their emotions running high… even if they don’t have music on…

1 Like

I’m listening to this and it’s so relaxing. At the moment, it’s perfect:

And then there’s the original:

She has a lovely voice, it was a joy to listen to her.

1 Like

Same thing happens with me.

1 Like

It’s the same for me. Some tracks without any singing can be nice as background noise, but everything else I find distracting.

That’s what. Too much noise.

White noise can be a good thing, if one manages to find a type of music that can serve as that. That has been my experience at least.

I’m listening to this guy right now. It’s pretty relaxing

This is a super happy song!

It is very lively, I agree.

I like ASMR videos there’s one lady she has a asmr library style presentation.
It matches in perfectly to the calm and serne conditions one should have in their trading room :grinning:

I used to think the same as you about rap, but then I discovered Stan !!! Type it into Spotify!

No, no, no. Its not music and I refuse to listen to any more of this stuff.

I think that listening to music is useful when trading.
But it should be music that helps you to concentrate. It should be something quiet.
There are different music selections for work on youtube. It can be some lo-fi jazz or hip-hop. It can also be trance.
I’m sure that a trader doesn’t need to listen to those songs where he knows the words. It can be distracting.
You’re going to sing along to Lady Gaga and you’re going to miss some important trading moment.
That would be a very sad thing.

1 Like

Oh I recently started listening to rain and windy videos not storms per say but weather you listen to from the comfort of your own home with a nice warm fire I highly recommend them for some downtime or analysis

1 Like

I listen to music almost all the time.

I do listen to relaxing music but only when I am taking a break while trading. I am quite sensitive to sounds in the background so I prefer to trade in silence with minimum distractions.

1 Like

This has been turning me on in trading!

1 Like

I don’t listen to any music or anything else while I’m doing something even slightly complicated, from reading a decent non-fiction book upwards.

I listen to endless music while exercising (but not hiking) and driving.

I try to sit down and listen to an album per day. In the old-fashioned way. Start to finish. Track 1 to Track 8. Not compilation albums. I don’t often achieve this.

1 Like