Do you only ever trade WITH the trend?

Yes I v agreed with u. Provided u know where the entry point. I believe u hv your entry point strategy, cos from what u say. U kn what u doing. For some traders they just jump in without looking at higher time frame n hv a entry strategy, suddenly price reverse and they get stop out. That v sad…

Thanks for your chart! The indicator you have added here isn’t Parabolic SAR or anything else?

It parabolic Sar with ichimoku n bb n my candle is heikin chart

I feel difficulty to find trend when I was new even now too I am not sure trend what I understand will favor me or not. So I try to remain middle of trend. Higher and lower trends can misguide you to trade with them as you buy or sell it can suddenly change to opposite side.

Erm… What indicator u use to know u in the middle of the trend?

Just wondering… I always been focusing n talks on ichimoku cloud… How come don’t seem anyone interested in it or even try it… It v useful to me.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of “higher and lower trends” before.

What are they?

How can you tell when prices are in a “higher or lower trend”?

I agree.

I think it’s much more useful than most indicators commonly discussed in forums.

I think it’s probably discussed less because so many people don’t really know how to use it, don’t put the effort into learning it, look at bad information about it, and try it with bad settings.

1 Like

Yes very agree with you. It look v complicated. But once get hold of it it v useful. It help alot in finding reverse. How strong is the price. Support n resistance ect…really sad alot of traders don’t put effort in learning it n complaint when lose pips…

1 Like

Hello; can you please guide me about reversal trading? If you share here few tricks on reversal trading that would be great!

Sure. Np but. First need to understand Sar, ichimoku, n heikin chart first. There also bb but I believe u know how bb works,so I don’t get into it. I’m sure u get blur if I told u all of it at once. U can start to understand Sar first.

U can read up from this investopedia about psar

An Introduction To The Parabolic SAR | Investopedia

What’s the usefulness of Ichimoku and heikin?

Actually I have talk about this strategy n those indicators b4 in my previous post In other pages. Ichimoku cloud is one of the most power indicators. It have support n resistance telling u it up or down trend. And also telling u how strong is the candle just by looking at the thickness of the cloud. For heikin candle it also telling u how strong is the current candle. Alot using old kind of orginal candle when trading. Which the color is mixup. Hard to it going up or down trend… But got heikin candle it cancle the noise. There only 4 price action to see on heikin candle which orginal candles have gone off price action to read… Heikin candle not only easy to read it save time, n gv mi enough time to mk my trading decision. In babypips also have the page which explains to u kind of indicators n beside that. Below is also the site which explains to u understanding heikin n ichimoku. It help alot. U can try on your chart u b surprised. Of course when real trading the setting of the ichimoku cloud have to change inordet for it to work even more perfectly. But also back to the question… This strategy suit me alot it help mi earn my pips everyday. But it may b a disaster to u. Cos it may not b suitable for u. Cos everyone have their own style of trading

2 Likes

Thanks a for your clarification; it helps me a lot!

Your most welcome. U can start on heikin candle chart reading first. This candle chart is v useful during real time trading. Example if when the time u open your trading platform n u see the heikin candle is n bullish halfway. U can slowly hv a cup of coffee n wait for the price reverse. Cos the heikin candle is telling u it still in bullish, Can don’t need always look at the chart like the old kind of candle which u need to keep focus on the candle looking for reverse. When u see the heikin last candle which the wicks is side by side with with last 2nd candle n the heikin candle body is getting shorter it means it losing it momentum. Price going to pull back or even reverse. For mi, it a opportunity even for pull back. Can earn some pips. But than… Ofcourse hv to reconfirm with other indicators like psar, n ichimoku. Psar is the main, indicator I used for my reverse. But in order not to confuse u. Take a step at a time. Until u kn what the use of each indicator already than combined them together n mk it into a powerful weapon to fight the forex war.

I think it’s normally what’s taught to beginners.

I tried many trend following methods and couldn’t become profitable with any of them.

Now I trade only one, simple reversal pattern, and have been consistently profitable since I started using it. It’s also helped to teach me patience, and to avoid overtrading. By being very selective, having precisely defined rules and taking trade that comply with them fully, I think it’s not really so difficult to become profitable. You just need one technique that works reliably.

1 Like

Interesting. Tell mi more about it.what kind of pattern u using?

This one :grin:

Simple easy to execute trading strategy

I don’t so understand… Got photo to show me?

I don’t understand where to draw the line