Do you think demo trading is essential in starting out?

Demo trading is essential not only In the beginning but also after that. Many of the experienced traders are using demo accounts for testing new strategies.

it depends on your mindset

1 Like

Yes, of course, because we need to practice more and more, so we can sharp our technique. And get as much experience though it’s not the real account.

Yeah I guess it’s a good way to gauge if a system is profitable without getting real money involved. :blush:

I’m like this too. I feel like knowing that I’m on demo takes away any pressure and so I’m also not taking things seriously. :sweat:

I still use demo accounts on a regular basis for testing different approaches.

I guess I would ease off demo accounts if I could get 90 or 95 percent winners, so far that has eluded me

Demo will give you the basic insight about what you basically have to do on a platform. Yes, it is a good way to learn and is important according to me. But, emotions have no role to play in demo. So doing trade on demo will in no way teach you how to manage emotions.

1 Like

before trading in live we generally suggest demo for beginners level , but it actually works practically ? i means the knowledge we take from demo , it works when using it in a live ?

Are you just starting out

Agree on this.

Glad to meet the like-minded traders here as usually we face two extreme points of view. The 1st one is known as: “Don’t waste your time on demo. You will not be able to pay your bills with demo profit. You’ll miss the unique opportunity that market gives you TODAY.” It usually comes from the parties vitally interested in your urgent start of real trading - Brokers, partners, money making campaigns. With Brokers it’s clear – business wise this is simply not beneficial to provide you with the free demo services. When we’re talking about partners/IBs/affiliates – there is a vivid conflict of interest here as of course they will be paid only when you start your real trading. As for money making campaigns – in most cases they are against any demo testing as it will prove the offered product and/or service insolvency.

The 2nd one sounds as: “Don’t start real trading until you are fully confident. Take your time. Spend 2-3-6-month testing your strategy on demo first.” Two contentious points here to keep in mind – Demo trading will not show you the live execution simply because your demo trades cannot be executed at the real market (it’s just a kind of demonstration of the assets & trading conditions provided); Long demo testing may work opposite, i.e. to decrease your confidence, to give birth to fear of real trading. Besides, it will not answer the main question: Is that type of activity really appropriate for you? Demo risks and even losses won’t make your heart beating faster, will they?

So, the right answer is somewhere in the middle I believe. If we’re talking about the new knowledge, strategy or product – test it first on demo, at least to obtain some understanding, to learn the principle, to check some rough profitability. Only after – try on real with the investment amount you can afford to loose without a serious negative impact to your life.

Demo trading is very important and need to take it seriously… it will help you to build your strategy that you will use when you will trade real money… its part of the process of learning… and demo trade with the same amount that you are planning to start live trading. You will get a clear idea if you are ready to enter the market or not… Enjoy…