Do you think lockdowns really help?

True. People keep saying the Chinese authorities downplayed the situation. I don’t know whether that’s true, but if it is, it was incredibly irresponsible.

Yeah, I think quarantine might help them. It may not completely rid the country of the coronavirus, but at least reduce the number of infected. I don’t see how quarantine and the virus can be ignored at all? This is ridiculous! People have to take this as seriously as possible, because otherwise this nightmare will never end. I’m sick of sitting at home, it’s not life. But the point is that everyone should sacrifice comfort (as a minimum) to get rid of this pandemic.

1 Like

As for the original question - lockdowns do help, if they are combined with other measures, such as extensive testing and tracing.

Agreee! :open_mouth: And like I’ve been mentioning before, it’s so frustrating to see people out and about as if nothing is going on. :confused: I just hope they don’t get the virus and infect their loved ones as soon as they get home. :confused:

I agree. :confused: This is very important. :open_mouth: The lock down will only help prevent the spread of the virus, but it’s mass testing that will help us know whether or not we’re already flattening the curve. :frowning: Just extending and extending lock downs without other measures to solve the issue, would just cause the collapse of the economy. :confused:

1 Like

That is what worries me about my country - we are opening up but our testing is not increasing at all.

1 Like

I don’t think that virus is too bad, but lockdowns helped preventing it.

We’re on the same boat. :confused: Sometimes I can’t help but think that for these people in power, saving the economy is more important than keeping their people alive. :frowning:

1 Like

Those two things are connected though, if the population is too scared to come out and spend money the economy suffers.

In my opinion, lockdowns were very helpful during the pandemic.Yes, maybe that decision was made too late, which is why so many people got sick so quickly. And a lot of people didn’t like sitting at home for so long, think of the whole months of their lives as a waste. But I have no idea how much worse the situation would have been if it hadn’t been for the lockdowns. So that’s how it turned out, not with a lot more victims. Take care of yourself and don’t rush out of your homes.

The pandemic is hardly over yet and many countries are opening up. We’ve been open for a few days and our cases are already rising. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah. :frowning: I can’t imagine how worse things could have been if it weren’t for the lockdowns. :confused: I just hope governments were able to implement that properly so people didn’t have to stay home without money and other resources. :confused: Thanks and please take care of yourself too!

Yeah. :confused: We now have over 20k cases in the country and I always say, “Why did we close our schools and shops at 100+ cases but reopening at 20,000???” :confused:

They do not help at all, they only harm the economies of the countries and especially America where poverty is numerous.

Same here.
Frankly, lockdowns are also to prepare and expand the medical system for after the lockdown and to prepare the population for the new normal.
Some countries also build their case tracing services and their testing capacity, but that barely happened here.

Lockdowns not taken seriously by a population don’t work.

1 Like

I think so! Lockdown is the only treatment to prevent COVID.The real example of this is New Zealand which is now COVID-free.

I just hope those two people that travelled hundreds of kilometres into the country while positive don’t ruin things.

Unfortunately, I think New Zealand has new cases of Covid19. :frowning: :frowning: But beyond the lockdown, I think their government’s overall response, sense of urgency and compassion, made all the difference. :blush: They’re still one of the countries that best handled this pandemic. :smiley: