Does anyone trust EA`s

Relax, I am only explaining where that 77% Relative Drawdown is coming from.

“But what is, when the trade goes first in the wrong direction? With a 100$ account the margin call of the broker will come quickly! It will never reach the -500$. And if you’re not fill up your account with fresh money quickly your account is busted. Or in worst case your account is in a negative state because the broker close your trade too early.” - Now this is what you call Maximal Drawdown.

And that is the difference between Relative Drawdown and Maximal Drawdown. If my EA margin called in backtesting it will definitely show in result :slightly_smiling_face: . However, it only has a maximal drawdown of 52.56% which is reasonable because this setup is in M15 timeframe :slightly_smiling_face:.

I see that you have a great experience in trading and programming. So why are you not aware of the differences between the Relative Drawdown and Maximal Drawdown? Do you still need more experience to learn the difference between them? :ok_man:

Anyway each everyone of us has different risk appetite. Have a great day buddy and always stay humble.

I guess that to trust eas or not is the own business of every trade, but I personally think that eas less effective than your personal knowledge and experience. EAs, for example, trading robots tend to make mistakes in places where ordinary traders can’t make them.I believe that today AI isn’t so perfect and its opportunities are really restricted in case we’re going to compare it with human opportunities. Maybe I’m quite conservative, but it seems to me like that. Of course on initial stages robots will work better than you, but afterwards, when you will gain experience you won’t need them at all.

90% of trade is mental. What I do is to make 3 different EAs. One to spot trade opportunity, and second to execute it, and finally to manage risk. The first and second EAs are on my PC, and the third one is on a rented VPS. All pairs are exactly the same as in IG Clients Sentiment. And, all in Daily time frame. It works, less screen time and stress free. Trust your own EAs. FYI, I am a trader from a remote village in Indonesia. Happy Trading my friends.