Does Automated Forex Trading EVER REALLY WORK?

that is very impressive, i like your youtube channel…

i especially like the beach and the dolphins.

very nice.

1 Like

Thank you very much tradcode, I designed it all myself.

1 Like

do you have more than ten years experience as a programmer?

can you tell me a bit about your experience as a programmer?

let me just speak my mind about what is going on here.

first, you have a trading program that somehow survives thru six years of trading.

let me tell you how i see things…

lets say that you were to sell to me a copy of that software… you would still have your copy of it, right?

can you see where i am going with this?

Well, the (Bad) news is, the EA in question is my personal prize creation, and is unavailable to the public.
However, the (Good) news is, I am currently programming an EA that’ll be available to the public to assist people in generating consistent income.

I’ll keep you updated.

do you have any idea how much you might charge for that trading program?

There will be no charge. :tropical_drink: :cocktail: :100:

1 Like

i have a confession to make… i am not really interested to buy a trading bot… i was just kinda playing, but i want to say something…

a) i have absolutely no confidence in backtests.

b) i have absolutely no confidence in the standard indicators.

having said that, if there is any way that i can be of assistance to you in your works, just say the word and if i can help you i will.

kind regards,

me.

Are you an Mql4/5 Coder? If so, of how many years?
Second question: Prior to learning Mql4/5 coding, did you possess experience in other coding languages prior to transitioning into Mql4/5?

Are you an Mql4/5 Coder?

i have been coding since 1983, my first programming language was atari basic on an atari 400.

i wrote basic code for about six months, and then i learned to write atari assembler, but it was too cryptic and not portable to other machines.

in 1991, i purchased my first C language IDE, the Microsoft QuickC for DOS, and i have been coding C ever since.

my preference is to write C on a linux box using GCC at the shell, but i can also use GCC on a windows box that is available as part of the codeblocks IDE.

i am experienced with interfacing with quite a few different API’s…

i have written extensive code in C for the dialogic telephony boards… in 1992, i plugged 16 telephone lines and eight telephones into a 286 pc clone and i fully automated an eight station outbound telemarketing room. My code processed the status of all sixteen telco lines and all eight telephones approx one thousand times per second.

I have written assembler code on a pic chip clone to interface with the USDIGITAL A2T tilt sensor.

https://www.usdigital.com/products/a2t

i have written assembler code on a pic chip clone to interface with standard RC servos.

i am intimately familiar with the programming of servos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rc+servo

I used to enjoy developing custom websites in C language using a linux box. I have written such code in C that is as large as 25,000 lines long.

I enjoy the arduino line of controllers.

https://www.adafruit.com/category/17

I have been writing metatrader 4 code since metatrader was first released back around 2005.

I have been working on the development of a trading bot since may of 2004.

my personal goal with this trading project was that i would like to produce a software and hardware solution to the trading problem that might be able to win the nobel prize in economics.

2 Likes

You’ve reached admirable levels in your coding experience. Since we live in an era where financial freedom is the token that grants time freedom, which of these languages you feel financially supersedes the others?

If your answer is MetaQuotes, the most focus and application should be rendered there.

metatrader language is basically straight C language with trading functions.

when i say trading functions, i mean that you have functions that allow you to:

open and close trades
read the list of currently open trades
read the historical trades history(trades already closed)
set takeprofit and stoploss
etc, etc.

mql language is flawless.

but it isnt the language that will make you profitable… it is your strategy.

i could be profitable using atari basic with a viable strategy.

btw, you seem like a person with a calm and cool disposition.

kind regards.

[Inserts Global Function]:

[datatype] Tradecode(){
[dataype] open and close trades = OrderSend() && OrderClose()
[datatype] read the list of currently open trades = OrderSelect() && OrderOpenTime()
[dataype] read the historical trades history(trades already closed) = OrdersHistoryTotal()
[datatype] set takeprofit and stoploss = OrderSend()
}
I just had to make that statement into a global function. lol (coding humor).
You know for certain this won’t compile: “Wrong Parameters Count”, etc.

That is :100:

I always believe that energy is all in all, so I emit positive vibes and it reciprocates. Thank you.

2 Likes

Did you code EAs based only on technical analysis or something more interesting?

its such a good thing seeing your post here. all others have negative and its also good to know you are an MQL4 expert. i am just a newbie coder and i noticed that while back testing my written programs, it only ran one trade over the period of its testing. what algorithmic errors can be the reason why trades dont repeat after entering and exiting one trade.

secondly, my EA would open a trade immediately the mt4 app is launched. dont know why. please help me.

please lets share ideas too on forex. [Removed for forums policy violation]

It is my opinion that expert advisors are something that are best left to the professionals.

1 Like

I haven’t get seen one that has solid data to show that it works long term without being at least semi hands off.

Bwahahaha I have done that so many times!

1 Like

Your “IF” conditions are the issue. I’m completely certain that’s the issue, but I cannot ascertain the totality of your error with no display code. However, you may feel reluctant posting your code (I completely understand). I did correspond through message though.

That sounds to me like your Init function is calling something with OrderSend().

The only thing I really do in my Init is check Digits and set the value of my pip-to-digit conversion variable (JPY or not basically) After that, OnTick handles everything. Remember that your EA OnTick flow runs through one complete cycle every tick, so for example, my OnTick() function first checks for open orders. If it finds any, it passes control to a function that verifies the order is for the current symbol, and if it is, runs a series of checks to decide if it should do anything with that open order (modify it, close it, etc.)

If the OnTick() function doesn’t find any open orders, or if the order check function finds that the open orders are not for the current symbol, it passes control to a function that evaluates whether or not conditions are right to open a trade. If so, control is passed to the trading function that calls OrderSend(). If not, OnTick completes.

I think your Init might be somehow directly invoking your OrderSend function instead of having OnTick run a decision tree.