Does Automated Forex Trading EVER REALLY WORK?

please dont lead me on.

You mean to the promise land? :rofl:

no, i dont want to talk bitcoin.

thanks for asking.

1 Like

its work
but not as a free tools that we leave for sleep

Re-Optimized everymoment, even before our montecarlo analysis hit its worst case

i re optimize my EA every weekend, with all data time frame

Interesting. I run my optimizations against 15yrs+ of tick data and it takes weeks. Of course it all depends on how many parameters you’re running. Are you doing this in MT4 or something else?

1 Like

2 sets PC with Each : 6 paralalel MT4, with 1 terabyte drive D inside, for HST, FXT data

And my pc never rest, unless windows forced it to updated.

i used to re-optimized the pair whenevere it had big DD in live trade or Hit stoploss.

Geez, i’ve focus on this since the early covid come, but everything paid off

indeed, one pair one weeks,

sometimes with generic optimization i did 3 weeks for one pair for starting,
having Profit factor above 2,

i reoptimized back, untill it had PF almost 3:100:

You can fix that in policy. Start > Run gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Configure Automatic Updates
Set that to 2 - Notify for Download and Auto-Install
That should prevent Windows from rebooting you every time it feels like it.

1 Like

yeayy!!! thanks man!!!

bless you!!

1 Like

Yes, they work very well how they are programmed to do, but not beyond that. The market volatility is unpredictable; therefore, traders should use EAs carefully, and rely more on manual trading.

They do work, but not 100%. It’s difficult for EAs to deal with unprecedented market situations. Completely relying on automated trading is not a wise move. In order to make money, you need to analyse the market decisively and make the right decisions.

Please what is the name of the robot and broker you are using?

The biggest mistake traders make is believing that by automating their strategies they can freely sit back and see the money flowing into their accounts. Automated trading also requires continuous monitoring. Some system quirks and other issues can create problems if they are not checked at the right time. Continuous monitoring also helps a trader to realise when the system has stopped working efficiently and he needs to look for another EA.

1 Like

I have just started my own “bot” so I will let you know. I believe @mindihilton is right so not only have I written my own bot (in C#) but also a back tester and reporting system. My bot allows for different strategies based on the currency pair and my reporting system breaks down the trades per currency pair so I can look for poor performing pairs, run backtesting and then update the strategy. I am using the 15 minute candles and all currency pairs available to me so we will see how it goes. I am guessing that I will not know much for about 6 months (unless it tanks the demo account). It only allows 3 open trades at any time and any currency used in an open trade is not available to be used in another trade. So if it is has an open trade on AUD/NZD then it will not open any trades on any currencies with AUD or NZD in them.

I can say with certainty that they work and are very successful…
But you have to figure it out for yourself, and believe me, it’s not as hard as it seems at first. Especially now there is a large number of training videos…
When buying ready-made trading robots, you have to remember about free cheese and where they usually put it…

No one is going to sell trading robots that work and, most importantly, make money all the time. So there is no point in buying them in the hope of making money: nobody will sell you a money-printing machine. And why should you share your ability to produce cash with someone else “for 2 cents”? Moreover, if such a robot were to spread, the ability to produce cash would decrease drastically.

However, if you are an expert in trading, automated systems can be quite useful for you, because they take care of a lot of routine. Such robots are not completely finished - you will need to customize them and set your own parameters or to add your own parameters.

Hi Doubar,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Could you please tell me how you became sure that algo-trading works very well? Do you have any experience with writing successful algorithms for trading? I have four years of manual Forex trading experience and am unsure whether it is worthwhile to learn programming in order to use my ideas for algo trading.