Does indicators work in the market?

Yes, they do. But it also depends on which indicator you are using which strategy.

Depends on your trading strategy and what type or trader you are, no single indicator is good by itself to me. I use two. RSI and MACD along with support/ resistance zones based off the daily and 4hr charts. Any of those just by themselves wouldn’t work but combined along with some common sense and certain rules does for me.

1 Like

That’s absolutely rubbish. I have been using MACD combined with RSI and the results have been better trades and more money in my bank. The trader whom you’re talking about mustn’t have used the indicators well I suppose. Glad you confirmed.

Retail methods including indicators can work for some and others work purely on PA. Choose your poison and perservere with it

I personally have never used indicators, but I feel that if you want, you should give it a try. Just make sure to try it in advance to avoid any surprises.

I know I posted earlier about using MACD and RSI, I was in the process of back testing Price Action and have now removed all indicators off my charts. For me it just works better, never did I ever think I would be an only price action trader.

All indicators show the same results. It’s just the way that is different.

Have you tried using any indicator? If it worked for you then where’s the problem? And if it didn’t work for you, then you can trust what professional traders are saying. If in any case you haven’t tried any indicator, then first try it. It might work for you. Simple!

Yes, indicators do work in the market, but it is not precise, and I found it difficult to find reliable indicators. If you have found such indicators, please do recommend them to others.

Holly cow back from the dead for me!!

yes they can. its HOW they’re used. there are only 3 classes of indicators, well 4 but volume is useless mostly in spot fx

trend indicators
momentum indicators
volatility indicators

basically 3 at the most and forget s/r trendlines this is what’s really meant by o/b o/s a central bank can make price plow right through those lines on a chart

drawing lines on a chart is too subjective to me. 5 traders draw 5 different trendlines…who’s right??

1 Like