Does News matter

For someone who trades on the basis of the fundamentals, news definitely matters. It gives an insight about which currency pair will experience volatility during which major market event.

Yes it is not only the factor but for traders who only trade with fundamental analysis, news matters a lot.

Depends on the news. For example the only news I trade is ECB meeting, US NFP, US CPI and the Fed meeting, the rest in my view cause market impact which is harder to interpret.

If anyone is really efficient at trading news, they should also be trading company news. Such data is far more powerful and far more frequent in the stock market than in forex.

1 Like

In my honest opinion monitoring news is the one of the fundamental rules for traders. News lets you to thoroughly analyze the current situation on the market, thus you are able to accept the right decision. If you trading stocks you should monitoring news every time while you’re working because news controls the market. If you see that today is the trend of deficiency of semiconductors then you have to sell the stocks of companies which work depends on semiconductors. After that when the rate will drop you can buy these stocks and wait for the correction. These movements you can do due to the news.