Does this means that the folks at goldman sachs are day traders?

vlcsnap-2019-04-07-15h05m12s674

That is not my understanding of the chart.

It is my understanding they have huge positions that are in different cycles closing at different times.

probably hits certain profit targets. That’s a guess on my part. I would be shocked if they were day trading.

I know in that video they told you what form to look at to find charts like that for every year. Whatever the report is you’ll usually find it between pages 95 and 105.

Would be interesting to look at the chart in conjunction with the forex chart of the same year…

I’m sure someone with professional experience will chime in shortly.

KC

not a bad thing to investigate

Nope as far as I learnt when I researched they hold multiple long short positions as a portfolio between different desks. Long term trading.

Hi zrrsys

Contrary to belief by some but the big players trade everything from FX Futures Options Stocks across all time frames. That is called diversification. However the big money is made long term and in order to fill their positions in a quiet manner that does’nt spook the market they have to buy and sell small parcels of equities until they have their positions filled. Then the fun begins as they move the market where they want it to go.

Cheers

Blackduck

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

that sounds correct

I’d find it hard to believe a big bank in forex would avoid day-trading. They’ve already got the knowledge, resources, market access and traders - why wouldn’t they want to make money from short-term trades as well as long-term?

1 Like

They don’t. Why would they?? They have the staff and the resources to capitalise on all areas of the market. That’s just good business sense.

Cheers

Blackduck