EA Shark...has anybody heard of it?

What you try to explain now is that the system uses hst data which would mean it is looking into the past. Not into the future.

Anyway, when the EA Shark would trade that way forward results (good or bad) would mismatch with test results which is not the case.

Once again, what you write does not make any sense. Specially as i have the open version from Shark 5 and there is no such peace of code you describe.

What you try to explain now is that the system uses hst data which would mean it is looking into the past. Not into the future.

It’s difficult to explain system development and backtesting to someone who hasn’t done it. Imagine iterating over data points, one by one, simulating the real world by looking at historical data. Let’s say that your simulation is starting on day -100 (a trading day that was 100 days ago). When your simulation sets the current day to -100, it should not be allowed to see the data for day -99 (a trading day that was 99 days ago.)

Anyway, when the EA Shark would trade that way forward results (good or bad) would mismatch with test results which is not the case.

I’m glad that you found the holy grail then! Can you share with us what your actual percent return has been trading this system, and over what time period you enjoyed that return? Does it approach the 180% or so per year that they advertise on their website? I’m only interested in actual cash returns from a live account, don’t bother sharing results from a demo or paper trading account.

Once again, what you write does not make any sense. Specially as i have the open version from Shark 5 and there is no such peace of code you describe.

I don’t have the source code so I cannot comment on what it is actually doing. My review was based on their marketing information and the review by the fellow from youtube. My assessment was more of an educated guess as to why their system doesn’t perform in real life as they claim on their website.

Looking into the “future” can happen in subtle ways. My understanding is that their system uses something like 10 different indicators. Any one of these may be looking into the “future”. Elliot wave and advanced get are two indicators that you may be familiar with, both of which look into the future if I remember correctly.

Besides looking into the future, a system can show phenomenal results through what is know as curve fitting. Curve fitting is especially easy to do when you have a lot of indicators or a lot of parameters. Curve fitting is performed by trying many different combinations of parameters over a subset of historical data until you get a perfect system. Then after some time, perhaps 1-3 months, you again try all the different combinations of parameters until you get a perfect fit. In this manner, one can generate outstanding theoretical results, but unfortunately these same results can never be attained with a real live trading account.

If you want to post your source code I would be happy to take a look at it. Or you could post a list of all the indicators they use and I can analyze those.

I think reviews should be based on facts not on guess work. :rolleyes:

I used Shark 5.0 for something like 10 month on my real account with good results but during financial crisis the system was getting in trouble and i stopped to use it.

Actual i am testing version 6 on a small real account. So far results are very good and i think i will switch the system to my regular account within the next days.

Theory from looking into the future or whatever is definitely incorrect.

[QUOTE=PathfinderFX;228185]I think reviews should be based on facts not on guess work. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]

Love this post! :slight_smile:

They charge 269 bucks for the EA and at the moment i dont have them. Hope you keep us up to date how the EA is doing.

Thank you very much in advance!

[QUOTE=StevenForex;228518][QUOTE=PathfinderFX;228185]I think reviews should be based on facts not on guess work. :rolleyes:

Love this post! :slight_smile:

They charge 269 bucks for the EA and at the moment i dont have them. Hope you keep us up to date how the EA is doing.

Hi Steven, metatrader stats account i found on other forum.

Thank You Oleg !:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StevenForex;228518][QUOTE=PathfinderFX;228185]I think reviews should be based on facts not on guess work. :rolleyes:

Love this post!

So true! I think I’ll give this one a try and see what it can do. $269 can be earned back quickly if EA is any good :wink:

Please keep us updated.
I am very interested in this EA, but being much sceptical in my nature, I wait for REAL proof before to buy it.
269$ is hard money for me:cool:

I’ve had it running on demo for some time with great results. It has been by far the best EA I’ve tried and I’ve tried most :wink: If I could get the same results from a live account I’d be VERY happy.:smiley: I will be running it live very soon. Setting up a VPS for it right now.

Good luck with trying it on a live account. I would keep a close eye on the vendor’s reported live account stats in case you see different results as that should sound alarm bells.

The lack of any independant site monitoring is of concern as there should be nothing to hide. I would also like to have seen a member forum on his site and some more information on how it works so buyers have some understanding of how they money is being traded and can make more inteligent decisions about lot sizes, when to trade etc.

Please report back against the vendors performance.

I use it too. Have used most of the major ones in the past but the risk/reward has always been an issue and constant worry about those EAs killing my account.

Shark has been great. I’ve turned everything off and now only use Shark.

PS: bought it few weeks ago and it paid off for itself within a week. Trades a lot more than MD with but with the same accuracy and a much smaller stop loss.

From what I gather Shark does have it’s losing weeks. Apparently it can go on bad streaks.

Not that I know of. Do demo it first and set risk per the SL currency amount as lot sizes can be quite high. It was recently updated to suit the change in market conditions. Could also check out FireStorm (personalinvestorplan.com), Crescendo EA and FX Solution EA that appear to be giving reasonable results over time. The former also has a free version available.

Like rayong i tested a lot of different boots. Wallstreet boot, Crescendo EA, FX Solution and other. During some periods they did well but by far not so good as promised from the vendors.

Shark 6.0 is actual my favorite trading boot. After 3 month demo testing i use the boot now on my live account. Still have to fix a small problem with my VPS provider but all in all i am more then happy with the results.

Live account is actual 669 USD up. (Took less then 2 weeks :))

You really tested the EA for 3 month? If yes, you are much more disciplined then me. I stopped demo trading after a few days. Not sure how i can post my stats here on the forum but i will try.

Hi Tailor, finally i figured out how to post my stats on forums. Tricky thing with the BB code :30: