Easy 5 minute Trading

Im testing 12 pairs at this very point in time, but with minimum fib sizes ranging from 10-80 depending on the most successful backtests with different pairs (yen crosses at 10 for eurjpy, 40 for gbpjpy and 80 for usdjpy) I also have the MA channel filter set to true, and a minimum fib size of 40 pips on the majors and aud pairs (I’ve found 40 yields the best results)

I believe my filter would actually be easier. I know it would have kept me out of gbp/aud

Would you suggest using a minimum fib size of 40 pips accross the board for all pairs or a different level for different pairs?

Could were use this filter for all pairs? and would we use this instead of the MA Channel and minimum fib size?

Also is it more price action rather than indicator based?

You have me intruiged as to your discovery :slight_smile:

Thanks

hmm, actually gbp/usd should have broke even. I figure I forgot to set price alert, or I skipped over it on accident closing another one. either way I wouldn’t have been in that one.

probably would have been in aud/cad, but not sure, this is the part I need to tweak.

I would not have been in aud/usd either.

so at least two of my losses I wouldn’t have been in.

I think it could be used with all pairs. I don’t believe we would need a minimum fib size or a MA channel.

It is more price action based. I’m hoping, it will be fairly straight forward as to not detract from the simplicity of the method.

Awesome was hoping you would say that. Do you think you would of taken this trade:

10.09.2012 17:56
USDCAD
Sell
0.97585 - SL
0.97451 - TP
0.95807 - Open Price
25.50 - current profile as of now

(My hotforex account is GMT+2 hours)

Yeah I would have taken it with my filter. Hence I’m still in it without it, haha

I don’t know how the brokers all operate as far as closing day. I know with my broker its 1700 est. which is 2100gmt

I shorted usd/cad at 9760 with sl at 9814 and 9580 tp. Moved my sl to break even at 9747, then to 1.318 at 9728.

so guaranteed profit for me

Are you still testing it or is it a completed filter? If so, please share? Maybe it can be integerated into the EA as well.

Hi guys, i think this is not important, but just saw this when routing through the journal in my MT4 tab. The EA is working as it should, is this anything to worry about ?

Still testing. I was thinking about it last week, then after today’s loss, figured might as well try it.

If your unsure about the exact rules of the filter, if you post what you have perhaps we could assist in perfecting it ? Mitchell is the wiz at that and i think he out of anyone here will get to the bottom of it.

No pressure just an offer for when your ready :slight_smile: It does sound good what you have :slight_smile:

Hehe, I probably shouldn’t have said anything, just got excited when I seen it would have kept me out of losing trades. Could be just a fluke. I’ll be using it at next candle to judge whether or not I should take a trade.

SB, this means the EA or other stuff running is keeping the server too busy to execute the command. It is also somewhat broker dependent. Lousy brokers you’ll see more of this stuff. It is usually during NFP and other news trading, when everyone and their brother is trying to get trades in. But not common in general everyday trading.

If the pending order ends up deleted as it is intended, such as when the channel filter encompasses the entry point, then nothing to worry about. However, if you are using the MA channel filter, and see a pending trade entry smack in the middle of it, and you see these comments in the journal, then its a problem.

I haven’t seen it in mine in all my testing.

Well, it said its ok to short usd/chf and long eur/usd. so i guess thats a good sign.

SB, remembered why you could be getting this. I forgot, that if you’re using the cumalative risk setting feature, whenever there is a change in number of actual opened buys or sells, it will delete all pending orders and recalculate the lot size. So, it should only happne when one of the pendings get opened or when one of he open trades closes. You can tell if they all get closed and reopened, by looking at the general size of the lot values. Should all be similar, as opposed to a multiple of each other.

I wasnt using the risk feature, just had all lots set to “0.01” for all trades.

Damn, that was my best guess. Now I’ve got no idea.

Anyway, I ripped apart v14, which was never delivered, like I said, fix on thing broke another. Re-organized the code and functions to comparmentalize them more, so it’s a little easier to track where a problem might originate, when seen on the chart behavior.
Backtesting now, looks pretty good, runs a little faster.

I threw out the near/far previous candle body setting, since I think we all agreed that the newer version only uses close of candle[2]

also threw out all filters except ma_channel

and not all but much of the status comments

from Cadillac to Ferrari … maybe. Still working on that part.

Sounds good always good to consolidate and clean things up before going forward :slight_smile:

No worries I think that problem I got might be too many orders being placed at the same time.

Maybe some brokers limit how many trades you can execute at the exact same time?

Can someone not using hot forex see if they get these messages just to confirm or disporove this theory?

Thanks

But its not stopping the EA from trading. I’ll compare my results with everyone at the ends of today. Me and Mitchell got the same trades executed yesterday so don’t go pulling your hair out.

well I was getting discouraged with the recent backtests, but on live trading, I have open
USDCHF
EURJPY
GBPUSD
EURUSD
AUDUSD
AUDCAD
USDCAD

with total open profit pips of 255. All trades in profit, not one negative for THIS moment in time.

Also, on new version 15, found that putting channel back to 5, and believe it or not, raising the minimum Fib size to 58increased profits by 100% on backtest for EURUSD daily. Must have caught a couple trades just right. Wick size was optimal at minimum = 0. I set the defaults to the best backtest I could get. Of the risk is overoptimizing. I have not tested on other pairs with these settings.

It backtest much faster too, because all the fib setups update only once per bar, whereas open trades are continuously managed.

Good luck.

Wicks_ea_v15a.zip (8.88 KB)

Hi,

Anyone can tell me how to use the EA? i apply it to my chart but i cannot understand what information show at the top left corner.

another question, is this EA only plot on D1 chart, if i put it at H1 chart, is it will show other information.

sorry for my bad english.