ECB President Christine Lagarde on Cryptocurrencies

1 Like

A little difficult to hear, but until the very end I interpreted what she was saying as aligning with my thoughts on the matter - that fiat currencies are designed to inflate the economy and minimize the wealth of the working people whilst lining the pockets of those “closest to the currency spigot” as she put it.

But at the end I thought she said “in conclusion, do not buy Bitcoin because it is boiling the oceans”. So I did not understand that comment in the context of the interview unless she meant, of course, that no matter how much the public wishes to invest in Bitcoin to avoid fiat inflation, each central banker within its jurisdiction will use country law to continue to rule via Fiat currency and state law.

1 Like

I think perhaps what she meant was that fiat currencies can be viewed as oceans of Global fiat currencies and that the rivers fowing through the economies of the nations can be viewed as washing the soils and nutrients, the very fertility of ths countries down into those oceans - into the ever hungry maw of those of whom we must not speak.

A nice little comfortable situation where thse who inhabit the oceans can dispense gratuities and patronage to politicians, Media sources and others, to the mutual benefit of all those of or above "the rank of Installed Master"

• Oceans of Plenty - if you prefer ! - I have never heard of it spoken in this way before - but it stands to reason that those who know the secret sign may well think of the Fiat system in this way - perhaps she simply has spoken “out of order” here ?

In this context I can readily see that the massive inflation of Bitcoin “vallue” in Fiat terms, could well be seen by tose very people as potentially "Boiling the Oceans " !

Just a thought !

I can thoroughly recommend this book as a basis for understanding of the current system btw

despite much “training” as an “Economist” - this book is the only one I have ever come across which gives a convincing explanation of teh Business Cycle - and for that alone is worthy of a much more serious reading that any of the conventional “textbooks” - all of which fail !

Amazon.co.uk

I note BaByPips software is still deficient in uploading links - so use the green type above to get here !

did she say SH-TCOIN at 1:50 on that twitter video?

a couple of weird problems with that video… 1) the words of the audio do not match her mouth movements… so who is talking on that twitter video?

in this video below, her english is very easy to understand.

so whoever made that fake video on twitter did a crap job and it is fake.

you would have to be pretty dense to beleve that OBVIOUSLY FAKE TWITTER VIDEO.

THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT YOU, FALSTAFF.

AND HERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO OF THE SAME LADY… AND NOW SHE KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK PRETTY GOOD ENGLISH.

THIS IS PATHETIC.

you two numpties swallowed that hook and line and sinker…

that first video on twitter, i dont know who the hell that is… but her english with a broken french accent sounds nothing like the real christine lagarde.

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL TO BELIEVE THAT TWITTER VIDEO.

COMPARE THE TWO VIDEOS(ABOVE) TO THIS WEIRD TWITTER VIDEO AND TELL ME THAT THIS WOMAN ON THE VIDEO BELOW WITH THE CRAPPY VOICE IS THE SAME VOICE ON THE TWO VIDEOS ABOVE.

EXCELLENT.

Well, on behalf of we "“Numpties”, I think you could well be right :slightly_smiling_face:

Makes a nice change Eddie n’est ce pas ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Makes you “following me about” all worthwhile - no doubt.

You sound quite cross though - time for your bed methinks !

Yes, this jarred. I thought at first she was answering in French - despite the host asking a question in English, and the channel not being French - but I speak French and can say it actually didn’t look like French speech. I’ve no idea why she would do that anyway. Of course she could be answering in another language but the same difficulty arises if it was her speaking and a translator super-imposed - why?

NO, MOST DEFINITELY NOT. WHY WOULD CHRISTINE LAGARDE BE ANSWERING AN ENGLISH SPEAKING REPORTER, WHY SHE ANSWER IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE?

DAMM, YOU GUYS IS SLOW.

i could be wrong… of course i could be… i accept that… but do you know what my first thoughts were when i saw that twitter video?

AND KEEP IN MIND THAT I MADE THIS INITIAL ASSESSMENT EVEN THO I HAVE NEVER SEEN CHRISTINE LAGARDE BEFORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

i thought, who the heck is this trailer trash loser that is passing herself off as an executive at the ecb?

that is really what i thought…

take a look at the jagged posture of the female in the twitter video… she is not a refined lady, not at all… she is garbage…

now look at the two videos that i posted that are really really for real christine lagarde… HER POSTURE IS MORE REFINED, LIKE A PROPERLY EDUCATED LADY. AND she speaks in a fairly easy to understand english… it does have a perhaps french accent, but it is easy to understand.

the female in the twitter video sounds like a drunk pirate.

now, i am gonna tell you again… FTMO IS A CRIMINAL CHOP SHOP…

DONE.

I’m pretty confident the female in the clip is Christine Lagarde. Seen her often enough on TV before.

not in a million years.

this is the most crap fake video that i have seen in a long time… this lady in the twitter video doesnt have the same cheekbones and she doesnt hold her head the same way…

ok, now i am going to prove to you that the video is fake… are you ready?

ARE YOU READY?

IN THE TWITTER FAKED VIDEO, @1:30 SHE SAYS:

…“THIS FIAT MONEY SYSTEM THAT HAS KEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME(A CRIMINAL) IN POWER)”…

AND SHE DID IN FACT SAY “SHITCOINS” IN THE VIDEO…

YOU GUYS ARE EASY TO TRICK.

(https://twitter.com/i/status/1464745341887016971)

I GET SO TIRED OF ARGUING WITH KIDS THAT JUST WANT TO ARGUE JUST TO ARGUE.

IT GETS SO BORING.

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO LOOK AT THAT VIDEO AND I KNEW THAT SOMETHING WASNT JUST RIGHT? ABOUT TWO SECONDS.

JEEZ.

AND NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS FAIRLY REFINED LADY IN THIS VIDEO:

1 Like

Yes the Woman is Christine Lagarde as @tommor says - and f she was “just white trailer trash” as our sensitive and polite young newcomer Ted asserts - then why would they need the video maker to do a voiceover for her ?

IN THE TWITTER FAKED VIDEO, @1:30 SHE SAYS:

…“THIS FIAT MONEY SYSTEM THAT HAS KEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME(A CRIMINAL) IN POWER)”…

The ENTIRE VIDEO IS A JOKE…

AND YOU AND MONDEOMAN WERE DISCUSSING IT LIKE SHE HAD LAID DOWN SOME REAL WISDOM…

i dont think that between the two of you that you could figure out how to crap in a toilet.

didnt you hear the part in the beginning where the reporter stated that currency is typically used to buy and sell things?

please.

Hahaha
That’s not even her voice!!

Random video I selected to hear her voice

I knew in two seconds that that video was garbage and yet fart stop he’s going to argue about this for days did you see the part in the video where she said that the Fiat money is what keeps criminals like her in business it’s it’s it like 1 minute and 30 seconds I mean how could you listen to a video that says those things and then coming here and and Mondial Moon and fart stop are discussing it like it is the most beautiful speech they’ve ever heard it’s cuz they’re f****** stupid monkeys

I don’t think that it’s her physically in the video in the Twitter video and I damn sure know it’s not her voice but you guys keep saying no it’s her in the video but they voiced over it now no no the lady in the Twitter video is not sophisticated like her look look listen people did you notice I put a thing I’m a counselor I look at you I can read body language dip shitz I read body language better than most federal agents you f******

The woman is CLG - The Voice is NOT - Simples

I certainly pity those poor Bastards who get assigned to YOU! (iffn that is true ! )

There is a clip of this interview on Youtube, here is the link -

In it, Christine Lagarde starts talking about crypto at about 14:10.
In the Twitter fake clip the voice-over says, “Fiat currencies are terrible currencies.”.
In the actual clip on Youtube Christine Lagarde says, “Cryptos are not currencies.”.

The conclusion is obvious.

1 Like

Thank you @tommor, nice catch ! - If our excitable little friend Ted had not got himself all of a fluster and jumped up and down screaming so much, we could have resolved this far quicker - but nay - credit where it’s due - he spotted the problem - just got himself all of a tizzy - thinking he had found an opportunity to beat up on ol’ Falstaff :laughing:

I guess neither @Mondeoman nor myself have any experience whatever of the Twitterati up until now - but they won’t catch us like that again in a hurry !

Actually the Original Poster made no secret of the falsification ;

re clg

I still think it was a good job on his part and stand by the interpretation I placed on the meaning in my original post. I shall certainly think forever of the “oceans of fiat money” and the rivers of nutrients flowing into them as I said in that post.

Meanwhile - can you imagine that screaming idiot Eddie being asked to “Counsel” someone you care for ? - Jeez!
Talk about the Blind leading the Blind !

Then Bear in mind this little tirade and all the others he has had all over the forum and the face on his avatar - and hold them up against his claims ;

• a) To be a counsellor
  • b) To be a coder since the early 90’s
  • c) The fake voice he has invented for those silly “Talk Videos”
  • d) To have “done time” 8-9 months in Jail !

I wonder if others concurr with me that "Someone Somewhere is extracting the urine… " ?

:rofl:

Only in real life, and very rarely thankfully

I didn’t actually expect any further replies to this thread, but it is a good read for a Sunday afternoon.

I actually quite like Christine Lagarde. She takes no prisoners. Says it as it is. Calls a shovel a shovel.