Emotion as a key element of decision making process on the market

Tho it’s challenging to overcome emotion like greed. It frequently stems from the urge to perform better and obtain a little bit more. A trader should develop a trading strategy based on logic, not whims or reflex, and learn to recognize and comprehend. Being emotionally in-control is essential for trading success.

2 Likes

I would say you can use emotions as a key element in the decision making process only if they are rational and backed by logic in the first place. Emotions like greed and irrational fear should not be a part of our trading decisions. So, we must work on identifying which emotion is reasonable and which is not to use them to our advantage in forex trading.

1 Like

Emotions can be a great influence in your trades. You have to control them so that they don’t ruin your trades. Learn to focus on your strategies and improve them from time to time to stay in the market for a long time.

1 Like

Would say fear is the primary emotion that the more successful traders just deal with better?

1 Like

Emotions do influence decisions in a significant way. To prevent them from influencing your trading decisions, you must keep them under control.

1 Like

Emotions can be used to our advantage when we are able to decode it and understand the motive behind that emotion. For example, fear exists to protect us from threats. But if we let that emotion dictate our trading decisions, we will be in trouble. So, we should understand and feel our emotions in a way that does not affect our trades.

1 Like

Emotions are a natural part of our intellect that makes us human. We just need to figure out a way to make it worth it and use it to our advantage to bring in profit returns. Impulsive decisions can lead to loss, focus on analysing the market effectively.

1 Like

I don’t really rely on emotions while making a trading decision. It’s not like that I don’t feel any emotion or resist them. I tend to look at the logic behind an emotion or feeling and make a decision based on that. And I think OP is also explaining the same approach which can be pretty helpful to make decisions using these emotions to our advantage.

1 Like

When it comes to trading, emotion has a big impact on the decision-making process. It is necessary to be logical when making trading decisions so one should be really calm and focused.

1 Like

Being a newbie! Emotions do influence my trading decisions. Also, making logical decisions is critical when trading, so I try to be extremely composed and concentrated to focus on my trading strategies and constantly improve them.

1 Like

Emotions can greatly impact how a trader makes decisions. It is important to identify the situations in which emotions take over and then an action plan should be developed to conquer the emotional responses.

1 Like

Being emotional while trading is not less than any threat to your trading career. So, either take a break when you feel too emotional or be ready for a loss.

1 Like

Decisions come from two sets of influence - rational thought and emotions.

If your latest trade decision did not come from solely rational analysis, it was purely emotional.

You can decide rationally that you think emotional input in trade decision-making can be beneficial, and can help to support or develop your rational analysis. But once you open that door, you can’t isolate an emotion and prevent it entering your trading room. You also can’t expect the same suite of emotional influences which were a strong influence today to re-appear as a team equally potently when you have the same rational thoughts on a chart some time next week - that wouldn’t be rational - emotions are involuntary, only thought and behaviours can be controlled.

So trading with emotional input must surely be random, uncontrollable, sub-conscious. And that’s how the overall performance must be too, rationally speaking.

1 Like

Good read, thank you.
Emotion is definitely an underrated but highly crucial aspect of forex trading. Often traders fail to recognise whether they are trading out of the influence of sub-conscious emotions or not. Without developing the skills of trading psychology, it is hard to control emotions when analysing the market and making trades. It is a very important soft skill to control and abstain emotions from trading.

1 Like

Yes, emotion has a significant role in decision-making. However, make sure you’re expressing the appropriate feeling. Those who trade on the basis of fear and greed are gambling with their lives.

1 Like

The emotional side is also about been adaptable when things are nt going so well.

1 Like

Don’t let a few trade outcomes influence your overall approach or strategy. Use your trading journal to plan out your next steps and stay true to what you have learned and planned. Keep your mind calm then take trading decisions.

1 Like

Emotion should be controllabe. We try to control but it is human tendency that emotions will flow. But trying and maintaining patience will have great impact in the long run.

1 Like

It is vital to control your emotions, rather than let them interfere with your trading decisions. Emotions are a natural part of trading. As much as we painstakingly plan our trades, the market doesn’t always meet our expectations. Indeed, it is more likely that the market will fail to meet our expectations than behave in accordance with our plans. If you accept this fact, however, and take proper precautions to work around it, you’ll be able to minimize the influence of emotions.

1 Like

Maintaining right emotional balance is very important in order to make trading decisions rationally based on logic.

1 Like