Emotions in trading

How does your emotional state affect your trading decisions? #RevengeTradingInsights

1 Like

thread

2 Likes

I think trading under the control of emotional states often leads to impulsive and irrational decisions that mostly derive from fear, greed, and overconfidence.

Well, emotions could be called the bigest enemy of traders couse any change in your psychological state could affect the way you look at charts. For example losing a trade may affect you and force you to enter another trade because you conviced yourself that this trade is good when in reality there is not a single thing suggesting that

Bots are replying to other bots, now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there really no way of stopping the forum from filling with this rubbish? :unamused:

The “member retention problems” so often discussed make more and more sense. It depends what you mean by “member,” perhaps. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

there is, but it requires the will to remove spammers, scammers and scores of bots posting artificially generated garbage-text to produce “fresh content” for SEO

that will is absent, here

hence the “member retention problems” you mentioned yesterday

without the spammers, scammers and scores of bots posting artificially generated garbage-text, there are barely 30 actively participating members left, very sadly, but that’s the inevitable result of welcoming spammers, scammers and scores of bots posting artificially generated garbage-text, isn’t it? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:weary:

2 Likes

I have to say I am a little worried about this @JRB48. Are you real person sir?

3 Likes

Nope. This one’s definitely and obviously a bot.

2 Likes

I’m optimistically hoping that’s incorrect. It would be a shame if that is the case, even though sometimes it seems that way.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s right, I’m sorry to say.

Late on Saturday afternoon, 9th December, after a total only 5 or 6 posts had been made all day, suddenly in the space of one hour there were 20 bot-posts made by 20 different “profiles,” one per profile, in 20 different threads.

All 20 “members” had joined around the same time (not exactly) and had around the same number of posts each (not exactly).

I had never heard of or seen any of these “members” before.

ALL their “content” was obviously artificially generated valueless trash. No exception at all.

It’s still fresh content for search engines to index, though.

And the previous Saturday, 2nd December, EXACTLY THE SAME THING, at the same time of day.

Just when fewest real people are online here to notice.

Interesting “coincidence”?

1 Like

I’m in denial and want to believe otherwise. There are other forex forums but this one is generally a pleasant one compared to some of the others that are full of trolls.

It’s a pity that Babypips provides and sets the standard for a Forex 101 course and doesn’t have more real participation in their forums.

I’m going to chalk it up to newbies not being comfortable engaging due to a lack of knowledge and shy from likely being chastised or ridiculed on other forums for asking questions or making statements.

1 Like

i know

i actually took the time to report all 20 to the moderators, one at a time, as bot garbage, and i got back 19 separate copies of the automated reply saying “Thanks for letting us know. We’re looking into it”

one report must have slipped through the net?

i really didn’t think anyone else would have noticed those posts and their remarkable timing, given the time of day on a Saturday

did you also report them/any of them, Hawkeye?!

that’s true, and it’s why i’m still here and actively encouraging other traders to join

it’s a real uphill struggle, though, i admit

most people i ask take a look around and just say “no - it’s a total spam-house full of bots and garbage”

which i can’t argue with :unamused:

that’s also true - they did a really great job getting the course rewritten and clearing up almost all the former problems with it :sunglasses:

lol!!! :sweat_smile:

always all at exactly the same time on a Saturday afternoon just when nobody else is here? :laughing:

you know better than that

anyway, the staff here won’t be sorry if i take a long time-out or just disappear

they are unerringly polite and friendly to me, but i’m obviously a huge nuisance to them as i always want them to remove the spam, bots and trolls and they’re very, very, very resistant to doing so!

it’s difficult to understand whether the forum and its income benefit or lose, overall, by losing the participation of all those former members like Eddie B, Manxx, Lexys, PipMeHappy, Jezzode, Carlos Ray and all the others who nearly all left around the same time, years ago, and now by losing the participation of people like Sovo S (recently gone) and myself (hanging on by a thread, suitable word in the context!) when we all leave for largely - if not exactly - the same reasons

the members lost are always the longstanding active participants who could - and in some cases want to and try to - help to build the place up, and in several cases have even said so specifically and openly

nobody listens, and that’s really frustrating :grimacing:

4 Likes

I hate to say it but from an SEO point of view, having new and keyword laden content is rewarded, even if it’s bot generated and of no real value.

How much would the forum shrink if all the low value and redundant posts were removed?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, forums and social media sites are full of bots for different reasons.

Look at X, there seem to be millions of these bots for the sole purpose of padding peoples stats (followers). Here, bots are generated to make the site look busy by generating generic responses to draw in more users.

You members who are capable of actually reading this, keep posting and I’ll keep reading, while skipping over the garbage.

7 Likes

in the long run, it has exactly the opposite effect and kills the place

it would build up, not die the death; many humans would join/re-join; they say so openly!

in the shortest term, yes, it would shrink, obviously, but after that it would flourish!

the evidence is clear

it’s factual: in the trading world, the failing, shrinking forums use paid traffic and bots and are all badly moderated

the successful, thriving, growing ones with countless sponsors (each paying 5-figure annual amounts - and nothing at all wrong with that as long as they’re openly labelled “sponsor”, as at Nexusfi?) are super-strictly moderated; they ruthlessly and immediately remove all spam and promotional posting and obviously don’t use bots/"”posting services"

there were people here a decade ago complaining that the forum used posting services, and then - exactly as now - the forum denied it!!! :open_mouth:

the feedback section here is full of threads from 5, even 10 years ago, pointing this out

those members have all gone, and said why!

nobody listened then and nobody listens now

but what can you do? it’s their forum and it’s their choice :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We can saturate with quality posts and content and squeeze our the garbage.

3 Likes

it shouldn’t be our responsibility to do that, especially when the forum lacks the integrity even to acknowledge - even when specifically asked - that they’re producing it!! :weary:

1 Like

It’s no easy task to run a forum, you either have too few people posting or too much SPAM. It’s hard to find the sweet spot and stay in it. Once the forum becomes organically popular, it attracts SPAM, which turns away the people that contribute to organic growth.

We have to be the resistance and not be driven out by low quality content. If we provide value to this forum, it can have organic growth again. Couple that with some quality moderation and this could be a thriving community.

Based on the number of views that some of my posts have, I assume that there are many real people here, since a bot wouldn’t be interested in reading, unless there are bots to run up my view count.

Most of the members of any forum are there to read as opposed to engaging in the discussion unfortunately. I see it in a FB group that I moderate with 65,000 members but only about 20 that post consistently or ever.

4 Likes

I don’t actually know how to, to be honest.

That’s profoundly disconcerting. But not amazing. The authorities here won’t even do anything about the few shamelessly crooked liars and scammers here like the guy who posts for “SolidECN”, which is just appalling.

1 Like

i’m not being driven out by low quality content: i’m being driven out by being persistently lied to, actually