Entry numbers confusion

This is just an example… But can someone break down to me why we’re told to jump to the lower time frames to make or base an entry when the numbers are all the same?

The principle here is that you use the longer time-frame to identify a set-up which suggests price is likely to move or continue to move in a given direction, then you focus into a shorter time-frame to identify a suitable entry pattern. he entry pattern is important to help avoid chasing price but also to identify rational stop-loss and possibly take-profit price levels.

So, e.g., the D1 time-frame might just show a continuous uptrend with bullish candles one after another. whereas the H4 time-frame shows groups of bullish candles but with e.g. a bullish pin bar or short-term pull-back interspersed between them.

An alternative view might be look at the time-frame in which you trade abut before you pull the trigger to buy, zoom out to a longer time-frame and check that the overall price direction really is upwards.

1 Like

OK!!! Sooooooo it’s not about the numbers on the side it’s all about the set up!! I THINK I HAD A LIGHT BULB GO ON!!!:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5: THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

If you use MT4 you can easily switch between timeframes in the panel above the price window. I think it should be easily done in mobile platform too. Which trading platform do you use?

Mt4 on my phone …

I dont now who told you to look on lower time frames.

Personally, I only look 4H charts and daily charts.

I was told to analyze on the higher charts. 1hr/4hr analyze and figure out the overall trend and then drop down to the 15min/30min to find my entry… and that’s where I was getting confused about the different entry numbers… Lol