Ethical trading

Which is why I asked you to define it precisely - the world is a complex place and “Ethics” is one of those woolly concepts which sound all very “moral” but is less so when you examine the “Rules” which one who professes to possess that “virtuous” trait sets for themselves (And usually for others)

Let us proceed ;

All noble stuff but ;

If you won’t compete, others will take away anything you manage to temporarily achieve - whether that be a job, money, land or a partner. You may feel yourself to be “Virtuous” but are bound to be regarded by others as a “Wimp” - a “fool” - an “Easy touch” - or a “Mug” - depending on the outlook of the “Other”.

You WILL be “competing” - but you will be LOSING every sngle competition - a sign of the acceptance of which we see here :

Ok let’s take a look at “Veganism” - sounds good doesn’t it ? I was on a forum about 20 years ago founded on the principles of “ethical food production” and one of our contributors was a farmer’s wife from East Anglia - who explained that in order to produce quality Vegetables, they had to “Control” Rabbits - by gassing them in their hundreds in their burrows, Deer - by shooting 10 or more per year of them, iWild Boar by shooting whenever they appeared. Pigeons by shooting hundred if not thousands per year.
Then of course there were countless thousands of insects which had to be “Controlled” by spraying the crops with pesticides And by the introductions of Nematode worms or Ichneuman wasps which eat the insect alive from inside the insect’s own body !

All of which the “Evangelising Vegans” conveniently refuse to acknowledge !

It soon became apparent that “Veganism” is responsible for far more death and suffering than any meat eater could be ! - But nay you say “Do not enter the Butchery trade !”

I believe it is true that plants and trees actually scream when cut down - and it is certainly true that Broccoli for example should be cut into pieces a few hours before being cooked as this increases the “Detox qulities of the plant” - because the body of the plant which is still alive though hugely damged - produces poisons when cut to prevent the infestation of the cut by yeasts and funghi - this poison then when eaten by humans is the chemical part of the broccoli which is responsible for its “Detox” property !

You say “no harm” yet when you are ill do you go to the doctor ? do you take the poisons she gives you to kill the bacteria or virusses or the funghi or yeast creams to kill the itchy places ? do you use flea powders ? do you use poisons to kill lice in the childrens hair ? How do you get rid of rats ?

And on and on and on !

Bear in mind too that it may be acceptabe to YOU to let others abuse you - but if you eventualy get married and / or have children, will you then let others abuse THEM ? - which will harm THEM - or will you compete and defend them ? and if so how ?

Please do consider these things and then reconsider your version of “Ethical” - And if you’re going to get out of bed in the morning at all - Do yourself the huge favour of loving yourself and your potential family MORE than you do your neighbours and some random “competitor” whom you have never met !

Hope this helps :joy:

Hi Falstaff , thank you very much for your answer.

Hi Kashmaster, I ‘ve been working as a front office manager in hotels.

You’re probably right :blush:

But you shouldn’t forget the celibacy-that could be another problem if you decide to go in a monastery…:thinking:
A solution could be to go in a monastery as a monk, but during free hours you trade shares of companies belonging to the Vatican, so you live on the one side a religious life without doing harm to anybody, on the other side you satisfy your trading needs by trading religious stocks. That could be the best for you🎅
images

1 Like

This is brilliant thinking, long time since I came across such.

We are hard wired from childhood into the loser vs winner syndrome. You must pass your exams in order to succeed etc etc.

Fail the test and you are a loser.

I have a close relative who is a professor in his field - he failed his ‘A’ level tests.

I have another younger relative who is a chartered accountant - she failed her 11+ - unreal that children aged 11 were/are categorized as ‘fails’ i.e. losers.

In my own field, business, in Europe if your enterprise failed in the past then you are placed onto the ‘loser’ register - often directors of ‘failed’ companies are disqualified from business in the future.

Then to the US - a mindset not unlike your thinking. An entrepreneur whose business didn’t make it and he files for bankruptcy - he is seen as a trier - ask Pres Trump - a trier WILL succeed.

Competition in a trader helps instill fear - the fear of being a loser. If a person can eliminate the thought of competition then there is no winner or loser - fear is gone.

There is a guy on Youtube - Shawn James, Canada - he supposedly ‘failed’ yet he teaches self reliance, not only teaches it, he lives it.

Many thanks clairet for posting, it is refreshing to hear your thoughts - you will do well in your chosen career.

1 Like

Has been done, only the other way around …

Wall Street banker swapped finance to become a monk in a remote Bulgarian village

A former Wall Street banker has swapped the world of finance for religion and become a monk.

Brother Nikanor advises former colleagues to put a jar with soil on their desks to remind them where we are all heading and what matters in life.

2 Likes

Kashmaster That’s a great plan! :+1::wink:

Thank you so much Peterma for your kind and encouraging words! This idea of being a trier is great … i will look for the Canadian guy on you tube :pray:

Very interesting story this monk ex banker…I guess no other monk can appreciate peace as he does …

Thinking about the jar of earth… a Coronavirus outbreak is just happening in my area , Milan…it feels strange…

Rest assured you did not come across as provocative.

But here is some food for thought. Believe it or not this planet and this universe we live in is a very orderly place and everything happens for a reason. If you look at the way the world works everything is in balance and that’s the way it is suppose to be.

Everything has an opposite hot cold, rainy sunny, windy calm, nigh day, etc etc etc. This is the same for human emotion and behaviour. Sad happy, tall short, fat skinny, woman man, old young, rich poor. The fact that these opposites exist is in keeping with the laws of physics and of the universe. That is the way it is suppose so as to maintain that balance.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

We, as Forex traders are nothing more than Fiscal Parasites

A Business where you just make money from money… doesn’t get anymore parasitic than that…
You’re not providing a service, product or anything else…you’re helping no one except yourself…

This market is a ZeroSum game, we are no better than a Wunch of Bankers… attempting to take money from others less fiscally savvy… Fees for no service rings loudly in the air…

Upside, so if you are successful… do something positive with the cash generated…

You are correct with this comment. Ever since the beginning of time there has been competition to survive. Tribal wars fights over food women and land were common and that fight to survive is now enshined in our DNA.

Having said that is that such a bad thing?? Whilst the human race has evolved considerably the fight for survival is no less still a way of life today.

It is so easy to be a failure if you want to be. Just do nothing and don’t try and you will be totally successful at failing.

The difference between those who succeed and those who fail is attitude. Winners fail but they learn from failure. Losers fail and continue to fail because they fail to learn from mistakes.

Fear of losing is not such a bad thing. Fear instills a heightened sense of awareness that allows you to be cautious and considerate in the way you approach trading. Having no fear can lead to reckless decision making that is more likely to lead to gambling rather than properly considered trading decisions.

The word winning is not an evil word. The word loser does not imply you are a total failure. But one thing is for sure, winners make things happen losers just wish things would happen.

As I said in another post there will always be winners and losers, fat cats and starving dogs and that will never change.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

That is 100% correct - Jordan Peterson identifies that the same mechanism is observable in lobsters which have existed unchanged for 300 million years as the “Dominance Hierarchy” - so like it or lump it - those who pretend (or “Believe”) it to be a “Social Construct” which can be “Educated out” of us are whistling pipe dreams !

It is certainly Not possible that we will find the Marxist Utopia of “Equality of outcome” because we are all different some more intelligent, some stronger, some with special talents and because we are “Pack animals” there will always be herarchies whether they be Hierarchiea of competence (which we hope to achieve in the western world ) or those imposed from above by force (as in ALL “Communist” states)

Each member of our society WIl choose their own path in life and whether one chooses to strive for what we in the west call “Success” and become “Top Dogs” or whether we just accept our place as “Underdogs” is up to us ourselves.

This of course in no way is meant to imply that a “top Dog” is any more worthy as a human than one who chooses to remain an “Underdog” and just get on with life doing “Underdog things” which may well actually produce contentment and a reasonably happy life with less Competition and more “Co-operation” - but even “Underdogs” will HAVE to compete to maintain their own place in the hierarchy.

That’s just the way life is and those trying to indoctinate our children otherwise are seriously doing them harm !

1 Like

Hi Blackduck, it’s a pleasure for me to read and share philosophical thoughts overseas and not even in a philosophical forum! I think you’re right everything is balanced by its opposite polarity… I also think all human beings are equipped with what it takes to transcend duality and go back in Eden . No more competition, fear and flight or fight response there. Of course it’s a narrow path and just an handful of Saints of all religions succeded over the centuries. I think that deep inside, we all know enlightened people exist/existed , why shouldn’t we at least aim to go in the direction they pointed to? North Star is far away … still we can fallow it if we want to go north…

1 Like

Thank you Trendswithbenefits, it’s very touching your post… really… i agree with you but we shouldn’t forget that many industries are more harmful then useful. The only good they do is providing a job to the workers… but in some years many workers will be replaced by robots…it’s a difficult time…there is a lot of fear… this is one of the reason why I want to became savvy in this field . Having spiritual ambitions obviously doesn’t matches with financial games. Anyway probably the wiser advice ever is when you say that it’s up to us what we do with that money

Aye, actually there is another one who traveled the same road, long story, perhaps another time.

Then again there was a footballer who made that journey - he became a Dominican.

Know what his biggest difficulty was when he made the switch?

That flat thing with a screen that talks to people :slight_smile:
Philip Mulryne - Wikipedia

This is a choice that every business person can make, whether a banker, trader or whatever.

Reasonable chance that the choice will have little impact on the person, then again think about Wyckoff - are there more Wyckoffs out there or are we all parasites.

I suppose each and every one of us has to ask ourselves this question.

As Wyckoff became wealthier, he also became altruistic about the public’s Wall Street experience. He turned his attention and passion to education, teaching, and in publishing exposés such as “Bucket shops and How to Avoid Them”, which were run in New York’s The Saturday Evening Post starting in 1922.

1 Like

Hi @peterma, totally agree… hence why a lot of traders that start out in these forums hang around, even after they have mastered the ability to make a dollar out of this insidious market. They attempt to educate, teach and lead others to a profitable mindset. But, unfortunately most are here for the easiest way to make a quick buck… You can only bang your head against a brick wall for so long… before you fall into unconsciousness.

Peter, you can easily lead the Horse to water… but it can be very difficult to make it drink once it’s there.

1 Like