Etoro scam stole $3550 from me

Do NOT deposit any $$ into this scam!! First I wire transferred $3550 and after 3 weeks I didn’t receive any reply or confirmation from them at all. I Emailed to support with my bank swift as proof of transaction but without success.

Basically my money just evaporated.

Today receive a random call from China that they did not receive my deposit and wants my bank accounts details for proofs…Before that a random support from Shanghai called me everyday to discuss proper deposit procedure and after I choose to wire transfer they simply just ignore my email and their phone number no longer valid.

Trust me you want to avoid etoro like plague…beware!

Hi Yoco, I am sorry for your case. Did you speak to your bank? Could they confirm if the transfer has reached the recepient? Or if they could trace the money? There is a possibility that the transfer is stuck with an intermediary bank for some reason.
Why did the support ignore your e-mail when you chose the wire transfer option? Were they trying to convince you to use a different method?

WHOA! $3550 is a lot of money. How long have you been with them?

Hi Sebastiano thanks for your reply, my bank confirm the transfer was successful and I send the swift copy and transaction advice to etoro support. The swift copy clearly indicated both bank’s account detail and proof of transaction. They claim they didn’t receive the deposit nor mention anything to trace the money. The transfer is in USD dollars to their USD bank account. I used credit card first but was unsuccessful so I used wire transfer.

I have filed a fraud report to my DBS Bank Singapore against Etoro and found out etoro already in their fraud watch list…

Just joined not long ago, verification process was quick took 2 days with actual support calling from Shanghai to confirm with me and verify. So it’s my first deposit after verification was successful.

Good to know , thank you

Talk to your bank as quickly as possible to cancel that transaction if it is an international transfer should take time to be approved. I’m so sorry!

I would have to speculate that something went wrong with the wire transfer. Even if one number or letter is incorrect it can delay the whole process for several days to weeks. Eventually I think the bank will figure it out. Good luck!

Could be, but for them to contact me 3 weeks later is very unprofessional. I work in international trade they should inform the sender asap if they do not receive the amount. I ask them why it took so long to found out they said account department was “too busy”

Now they request me to send MT103 so have to apply from my bank again, will request for tracer too, hopefully it can be transfer back to the remitter.

Thanks for your reply, Yoco. Oh wow, it seems bad I guess…If their answer was really " account department was “too busy” this is extremely unprofessional and absurd. As I understand the transfer was international, so there still might be a chance that the money are stuck with an intermediary bank and never reached the broker’s bank account. If that’s the case, then probably returning the amount would be easier. Hopefully your bank could trace it.

Yes the “to busy” remark was unprofessional and rude. Hopefully it was a an employee having a bad day? Trying to keep positive :). Any updates ?

That’s very frustrating. I hope you will get all your money back. :pray: