EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

EU going to gap you guys who are shorting! :slight_smile: Get ready

Get ready for the gap up…

Simply go against the herd and you will always make money!

Or get trampled underfoot by the herd.

TWENTY-SiX months of RaNGinG!!

1.05 to 1.15…

Going strong…a great pair…makes you money…

Yeaaaaa

:S :S

Lol, well, to be fair, whether that’s suitable or unsuitable for a trader depends on her/his trading-style, doesn’t it? For most of the time that I made a full-time living from trading forex (i.e. rather than futures), at least 50% of my trading was on this pair, whereas USD/TRY and some other less widely traded pairs would undoubtedly have been a nightmare for me. I’m “just saying” … :8:

Quite right, Lexys…

Sadly since its fall from the 1.40s, any trend-trading is dead… Intra-day trading is notoriously difficult in Forex, with no volume/flow info, so I am sort of addressing the ‘intra-day newbies’ most popular pair’ scenario: I suspect that for many of this thread readers there will be a sense of safety trading the world’s most liquid currency pair, without realising how erratic it has been… Unless you have a good edge and stack your probabilities in your favour, this pair has lost tons of volatility and acts completely counterintuitively to any fundamental thinking… It is in the hands of algorithmic trading for short term trades, sucking out all momentum from intraday moves… So what I am saying is , Lexy, that only few retail traders can make anything profitable out of this pair, you being one of those few…but for the rest…

EUR/USD moved higher afer the US macro data released on Friday. The pair marked 3-week high, but yet remains capped by the major resistance at 1.0700.

How did that gap go bro???

Best keep quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

But for your benefit, the reason we don’t hang out on this thread is it’s yesterday’s news reported tomorrow.

The euro rose against the US dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading, EUR/USD was trading at 1,0678, gaining 0.96%. I believe that support is now at around 1.0523, Thursday’s low, and resistance is likely at 1.0699, the high of Friday’s trading.

Break above the key resistance zone 1.0700/10 would confirm further upward trend extension.

The EURUSD had a good rally on Friday after the NFP numbers, but it may stall at the 1.0700 zone.

On the last Friday’s session the EURUSD rallied with a wide range and closed near the high of the day, in addition the currency pair managed to close above Thursday’s high, which suggests a strong bullish momentum.

The currency pair closed above the 10 and the 50-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support but continues to trade below the 200-day moving average that should act as dynamic resistance.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.0900, other daily resistance at 1.0819, other daily resistance at 1.0713, the 50-day moving average at 1.0646 (support), a daily support at 1.0622, the 10-day moving average at 1.0580 (support) a daily support at 1.0527 and other daily support at 1.0462.

EUR/USD broke out above 1.0680, eventually reaching 1.0713 before bouncing off from it and it will likely retrace back to 1.0650 - 1.0640.

Yesterday the EUR/USD pair marked intraday high at 1.0713, but closed lower around 1.0650. Short term indicators remain bearish, but ahead of FOMC outcome I doubt to see the pair below 1.0600.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD initially tried to rally but found enough selling pressure at 1.0713 to give all of its gains back to the market and closed in the red, near the low of the day, however closed within Friday’s range, which suggests being slightly on the bearish side of neutral.

The currency pair is trading above the 10 and the 50-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support but continues to trade below the 200-day moving average that should act as dynamic resistance.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.0900, other daily resistance at 1.0819, other daily resistance at 1.0713, the 50-day moving average at 1.0647 (support), a daily support at 1.0622, the 10-day moving average at 1.0600 (support) a daily support at 1.0527 and other daily support at 1.0462.

EUR/USD reached the support at 1.0630. More importantly, it has formed a shooting star candlestick on the daily time-frame below the resistance at 1.0713 which is a signal that the move to the downside should continue. That said, the fundamentals this week could change that.

True, focus turn to tomorrow’s FOMC decision. The pair remains under pressure short-term and is testing support level at 1.0600.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD fell with a wide range and closed near the low of the day, in addition managed to close below Monday’s low, which suggests a strong bearish momentum.

The currency pair is still trading above the 10 moving average that should provide dynamic support but closed below the 50-day moving average and continues to trade below the 200-day moving average both should act as dynamic resistance.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.0900, other daily resistance at 1.0819, other daily resistance at 1.0713, the 50-day moving average at 1.0647 (resistance), a daily support at 1.0622, the 10-day moving average at 1.0611 (support) a daily support at 1.0527 and other daily support at 1.0462.

EUR/USD is currently gravitating around 1.06 handle. From fundamental viewpoint markets attention today will be focused on elections in the Netherlands and mostly on the announcement of the interest rate of Fed.

It’s consolidating above 1.0600 indeed, the consolidation will likely only get tighter the closer we get to the FOMC announcements later today.