EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

Hope you haven’t misunderstood me bro. I wont look for any short signals until i see a correction in price of this current down thrust. According to my rules this will be when the price retraces to at least 1.065 preferably higher like 1.07 and a new high is formed. But those are my rules. Im also mindful that this correction could continue given that the markets have a history of overshoting the mark. For that to be true a some point a new higher low will be formed. Then I will look for long signals. These are my views and are subject to change at any moment. Got to listen hard to what it is the market is telling us.

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;689381”] Hope you haven’t misunderstood me bro. I wont look for any short signals until i see a correction in price of this current down thrust. According to my rules this will be when the price retraces to at least 1.065 preferably higher like 1.07 and a new high is formed. But those are my rules. Im also mindful that this correction could continue given that the markets have a history of overshoting the mark. For that to be true a some point a new higher low will be formed. Then I will look for long signals. These are my views and are subject to change at any moment. Got to listen hard to what it is the market is telling us.[/QUOTE]

It hit 1.0650 and went few pips down, We earned profit :slight_smile: waiting for 1.0700

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;689381”] Hope you haven’t misunderstood me bro. I wont look for any short signals until i see a correction in price of this current down thrust. According to my rules this will be when the price retraces to at least 1.065 preferably higher like 1.07 and a new high is formed. But those are my rules. Im also mindful that this correction could continue given that the markets have a history of overshoting the mark. For that to be true a some point a new higher low will be formed. Then I will look for long signals. These are my views and are subject to change at any moment. Got to listen hard to what it is the market is telling us.[/QUOTE]

I think it didn’t reach 1.07 this might ran into cowabunga system

Hey does anybody see the channel in the 15 min Chart??? or am i seeing things??! I made a few pips outta this but then on another move it dropped unexpectedly.

Hi! Does anyone think it will go short to around 1.05000?

[QUOTE=“Gchar;689434”]Hey does anybody see the channel in the 15 min Chart??? or am i seeing things??! I made a few pips outta this but then on another move it dropped unexpectedly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s testing the resistance 1.0588 but didn’t pass so it will go long, I’m still waiting it reach 1.07

I believe that tomorrow the Fed will raise the Rates, the prices will drop to around 1.05000 but then the price will retrace to today’s levels.

So you do see the channel?
Am also waiting for the price to raise btw.

1.0577 is where im looking to short if i get close below if not ill start looking for bullish pa

So you do see the channel?

I don’t think fed will drop the rates but will drop ‘patience’, paving the way for a rise in 2 months

EUR/USD began to value well before the German ZEW survey for March and, in the event, the inquiry contributed to the EUR gains.
Both the current situation and the expectations index rose by 5 consecutive month.
The pair found resistance at 1.0620 line.
The EUR is likely to maintain its downward long-term trend and the upward corrective waves will be good sales opportunities.

The EUR/USD could not break above the resistance at 1.0650 and moved to the downside again today. Consolidation continues and I doubt it will end before the announcement of FOMC’s rate decision tomorrow.

After watching the 1 hour chart i realized that price started the day (exactly at 17/3/15 UTC+2 00:00) approximately 20 pips higher from today’s Pivot Point, then 3 hours later, it went a bit through it (bearish candle) and then price retraced upwards and failed at 1.05702 and then the next hour it went bearish only to return to the PP another 3 hours later (7 hours after the start of the day) Btw during the 3-7 hour candles there looks to be a divergence between price moving downwards and stochastic moving upwards indicating a bullish signal. Now the 7th candle was very bullish (a good thing should be to play it a bit safe and enter in the middle of the candle) SO after that, price continued it’s uptrend going towards the R1 passing it and at 1.065, which appears to be a resistance level (by this point you should play safe and sell) the price came down and finally right now at UTC+2 21:30 price seems to have consolidated at the middle of the Bollinger bands with a Dev of 2.

I guess for those who use the 1 hour chart and play it safe, today was a great day! (Wish i wasn’t in the army and could catch this :confused: )
After typing this btw i just realized exactly what time frames is all about.A totally different strategy and game.
Please correct me if i made any mistakes in my analysis after all i’m just an excited newbie!
George.

Edit

Here you can see the pictures of my analysis.
By the way, could someone please tell me at the 15 min chart what i did wrong??? Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 hour chart

15 min chart

I also wanted to add something more. The US Stock Markets today seemed to move a bit downwards and where out of control. Could this be a sign of a slight Interest Rate?? After all, they think their economy has fully recovered! (Cough Mr. Obama) Even though the Dow Jones retraced under 18000 and the Nasdaq 5000 after several testing kinda making those levels feel like strong resistance.

the Monday’s Doji proved that the price is consolidated at the support range of 1.0500 and price now is making a nice correction.

It seems that the announcement of FOMC’s rate decision tomorrow will tell us if price will continue moving up or back down.

True, prices are settled just below 1.0600 before tomorrow FOMC’s rate decision. The Federal Reserve is expected to remove the word ‘patient’ from its language at tomorrow’s statement.

The 1.0600 has become a key level for the EURUSD. the direction of the Euro, though is dependent now on what the FED has to say.

EURUSD initially rose but found enough resistance at the 10-day moving average to push price back down and close in the middle of the daily range. A close above the 10-day moving average could signal a swift in mid-term trend. Focus now turns to the upcoming FOMC meeting outcome later today and we may experience a short squeeze.

Eur/usd is trading a little above 1.06 level, we can find the immediate resistance at the 10-DMA which located at 1.0628 so far.