EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

EUR/USD continues climbing today. I think it likely won’t stop before it reaches 1.1140, which used to be a support level but now will probably become a level of resistance instead.

I think this is a small correction and the trend is likely to continue, but that is only my personal hunch, based on the disparity between the two central banks’ outlook and their respective economies (Europe and the USA).

Hello Pipmehappy. How are things. I am looking forward to sharing some good scalping recommendations on EU this week. I missed the London trade due to a very long weekend. :slight_smile: See you guys soon.

maybe a bounce off1.0881 ish area
more shorter term.
still think correction like u guys

At what point will you give up on the “correction” theory? I ask because if one believes in “correction” that would mean that you believe the over all trend and future trend is to the down side. Which of course means you will keep shorting EU. At what point will you give up on shorting?

I will close half my short position when a new 4 week high is struck (currently that is 1.1413). I will close the other half when a new ten week high is struck (currently that 1.1871). I will not go long below the 200 day moving average (currently that is 1.2357).

-Adrian

we had our break over the resistance today price is continuing to rise in a healthy way the next resistance on the way is 1.1000

Hello everyone! Let us remember this: a bias is based on an interpretation of facts, and, given the same facts there can be more than one bias. This is why there will be traders interpreting the Eur/Usd’s upward movement as a bounce/correction, while others will interpret it as a reversal. Who is right? No one is wrong: two biases can both be logically rigorous, and both right. In the end, however, only the market is right - always.

I will change when the daily closes above kijun sen on my ichi chart. right now Im not in im waiting. Trading other pairs right now

Well said . Otherwise there be no market to trade.

The EUR/USD taking advantage of the weak dollar and hike up to 1.0955 today but tomorrow who knows?

Well said! You made a fair point.

lets see if the 1.0900 becomes support for the EURUSD and the 1.1000 its next resistance.

EURUSD has been rallying hard since chances of a Fed rate hike have diminished as the likelihood of a rate hike has diminished, partially because the speculation of a rate hike drove up the USD in the first place! Short-term the trend is extremely bullish and the bounce has taken the shape of a v-shaped correction (strong bullish signal), but the Euro structural problems remain along with the longer-term downtrend.

EUR / USD continued to rise further on Monday to hit the resistance at 1.0970.
The rate is being negotiated still above the falling trend line from short-term maximum of 26 February and above the rising trend line from the minimum of 13 March, so the short-term trend is positive.

EUR/USD managed to break above the resistance at 1.1000, but pulled back almost immediately and the pair is currently consolidating. Personally I think the pullback is only temporary and the pair will continue climbing until it reaches 1.1140.

The EUR/USD failed to break the psychological resistance 1.1000 and consolidate under the resistance.

The 1.1000 level proved as a strong resistance for the second time today as i see.

Hey people, I can be wrong and could be incorrect if not completely misguided, but…

on this thread, for weeks on end, there were certainties bandied around about parity

(IT WILL HAPPEN! IT’S INEVITABLE! IT IS JUST ROUND THE CORNER!)… Now it’s all

about a trend reversal… How?

I think that if you are a strong believer in the fundamentals of Euro bearishness versus

Fed hawkishness (or ECB dovishness versus USD bullishness, if you prefer), then you

should keep believing in that reach to parity, and not chase a bounce like it’s the biggest

reversal ever made… We have seen a 3,500 pip decline: how can 400 pips in the opposite

direction constitute a ‘reversal’? Just a minute! Patience and…more patience… it could just

be smoke in our eyes…

Caution and patience… wait … do not go long …yet…

Happy Trading.

I believe parity is not off the table, but it may take longer than anticipated. Eventually, the FED is going to have to raise its interest rates and that will keep the pressure on the EURUSD.