European Football back in action!

Looks like Brady and company wanted to head off the end-of-and-era talk by smashing somebody. At least you didn’t have to get neked.

Tough one for sure. But if Spurs play to the top of their potential, should be a good game. I can’t ever count out Barca tough. Plus after a loss and tie in the league, I’m sure they’re also looking to make a statement. And with 14th place Valencia at the weekend (who’s also paying Manu in Champions League this week), the team should field all the big dogs.

Bayern has Ajax. Should be a good one too.

Just watched the video. Wow, Im not buying it. Must be a younger guy wearing a mask, making those moves. :joy:

Tough match, Spurs v Barca. The Maestro makes an appearance. I was feeling a comeback to a tie, but then Messi did Messi things. Barca is always a touch match.

I’m still rooting for you in the group. It will be absolutely tough to get out, and unfortunately, it’s not completely in your hands. I’m sure the Spurs fans are discussing the quiet summer that just passed.

Ugh. it was nil-2 so early. I didn’t get to see it but, yes, both Inter and Barca with 6 points. Spurs and PSV
with nil. We didn’t have any luck in Europe last year and this year hasn’t started well.
Bayern with a tough draw at home?

Bayern lose at home big to Gladbach. No wins in 4. Not something you hear often with them. I don’t know, maybe the squad is showing it’s age. Maybe it’s injuries. Maybe it was the lackluster summer window. When your squad doesn’t win in so many games, you do the what-if game. They’ll figure it out. If anything, it makes the league that more exciting. And Dortmund is playing like the team of old! Given the teams they’re playing in CL, they should make it through. Maybe they’ll do some business in January. Not really their thing, but I could see them maybe trying to shore up some positions.

Speaking of old Dortmund players, the Gunners are tearing it up! Auba, Lacazette and company are playing decent football (at times!). Granted, they haven’t really beat anybody that good, but the wins they’re supposed to win, they are! From seasons before I could see us dropping points at Everton or Watford.
But I can’t complain. They’re in the top 4. They’re scoring.

And then there was Ramsey’s goal. Wow.

Also a fan. But they’ve recently made some new records that they’re probably not proud of.

• 6 matches lost in a calendar year

• Winless in 4

• 1 clean sheet in 11 matches this year

• Back to back loses since… before calendars were made!

The game against France wasn’t that bad. We lost, sure, but we had our chances. Plus they played the World Champs, so 2-1 is respectful. We perhaps need a well, skilled target man, like Mario Gomez or my man Klose. I’m hopeful the games against Russia and the Netherlands will bring us back to what we’re used to.

Spurs with 3 points today. Next match at Wembley, next Monday.
v Man City…are they any good…:wink:

Aahhhh, Man City, I hear they’re okay!

Gunners ready to play in a few. Will be a real test since their loss to Chelsea. A win sends us to 4th! Top 5 is looking awfully tight at the moment. Spurs in for anybody in the Jan window?

I’m rooting for your Spurs for a CL victory this week. A lot needs to happen to get you all moving out of the group, but I’ve seen crazier things. Good luck!

1st thing is we have to defeat Eiverhoven(sp) back to back…

If your Spurs need inspiration ( :slight_smile: ), watch the Arsenal v Leicester game. Beautiful stuff. Hope it’s still around until the end of the season.

Everything was under control and then Lloris happened…

Nail biter.

Spurs could be up by 2 or 3 really. Let’s see if they can close it out. Another 10-12 min left.

Oh no…2-2. It’s a game. PSV playing like it’s the final.

Uh, no. We stink again. So, IF we…and then they,…before the…
Oh, never mind. Maybe we’ll win the Cabao Cup…

1 Like

Gunners with a tie. So close to extending the winning run. But a point is a point. Interesting game coming up for you today. Good luck, I hope you get the win.

Tough match. 1-0 to Man City. Considering the goal came at 6’, hard fought but Man City leading all stats. Perhaps Poch could have brought the reinforcements on earlier. Kane wasn’t getting much service.

Ugh. First time in EPL history after 10 matches, 3 sides haven’t lost.
Then there are Arsenal and Tottenham.

I hope they have long and prosperous CL campaigns and leave us to fight for the league. We can dream, right?

Tough match against Man City the other day. I didn’t realize who you all were missing.

But speaking of Man City, have you heard of the Man City/PSG/FFP/FiFA/Qatar World Cup/Infantino/Saudi investment scandal that just broke?? Too much money at stake for real punishments to be handed down, but man, this is like a soap opera. Interested to see where this goes. Hopefully somewhere. WC changed to the US last minute? Ha, I can dream, right?

My Bayern is also being pulled into scandle about apparently making plans to possibly leave the league. Doesn’t sound possible, but what do I know.

Good news is that Arsenal have a gigantic game tomorrow against Liverpool, but bads news is we’re plagued with injuries. LP is missing a couple key defensive players, so hopefully that gives us a sliver of positive mood going in. Should be a really good one, and if we win, that’s a big if, could help to set the tone going into Jan. Exciting!

@cigarmanstan I also forgot to ask you about the likelihood of Poch leaving to take the Madrid coaching job. Any chance of that? Any rumblings being heard? Madrid is a massive club to manage, for sure, and he would get his transfers every window.

I don’t know anything more they I read, and Poch HAS taken the company line about it being no big deal that they didn’t bring anyone in via the transfer window. I think the big problem at Spurs is not having their home pitch ready till after the New Year, and who knows when after that?
Would be hard for Poch to say no to Real, I would think? The money, both for him and transfers, is unreal. World Class position, for sure.